Some changes in my life

Some changes in my life

This is a discussion on Some changes in my life within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I just got word today that my son is being medically retired from the U.S.A.F. effective July 24th. He will be returning to Arkansas to ...

Thread: Some changes in my life

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar

Some changes in my life

I just got word today that my son is being medically retired from the U.S.A.F. effective July 24th. He will be returning to Arkansas to live and joined by his g/f (future daughter in law) when she graduates from optical school in October. He has asked me to live with them. We've discussed this over the last several months. Some know that I'm a Merchant Seaman and gone several months then home several months. I've tried to spend as much time as possible with him since the death of his wife last year. Things are looking brighter for him as he is making plans for the future and I'm proud to be included in his plans. I'll leave for work Sunday and should be returning around August 25th or so. And I'm looking forward to becoming a family with them. Hey, I can have a dog again. Since my dad passed away several years ago there hasn't been a desire to really put down roots. I'd go to work, come home and visit my family members that I'm very close to. Never leaving a large footprint. Clean my corner up and you'd never know I was there. I can see a big screen TV in my future. So the pistol buying has to go on hold for a bit, until we all get settled in. Not that I don't have enough to keep me going for awhile. I'll have to move my gun safe and get things reorginized.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Good luck settling into your new life.
    It seems as though you don't get freaked out by change, the way lots of people do. That's good, and it'll serve you well (as I'm sure you've already noticed).

Your son's medical discharge, is it a serious issue? Wish him well for me.

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    Good luck settling into your new life.
    It seems as though you don't get freaked out by change, the way lots of people do. That's good, and it'll serve you well (as I'm sure you've already noticed).

Your son's medical discharge, is it a serious issue? Wish him well for me.
    No, I don't get too excited about much. IF you see me running, try to pass me because you don't want what is chasing me to catch you. My son did 4 tours in Iraq and the death of his wife 5 days after returning home hit him hard and he had been dealing with PTSD already. He'd received a concussion from a rocket attack at one point, and had to have surgery on a tumor on his shin at another time. It does not affect his daily routine too much but he's had to deal with a lot at a young age. As soon as he returns home I'll have him set up with the instructor and get him going towards his CCW.

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalKracker View Post
    No, I don't get too excited about much. IF you see me running, try to pass me because you don't want what is chasing me to catch you. My son did 4 tours in Iraq and the death of his wife 5 days after returning home hit him hard and he had been dealing with PTSD already. He'd received a concussion from a rocket attack at one point, and had to have surgery on a tumor on his shin at another time. It does not affect his daily routine too much but he's had to deal with a lot at a young age. As soon as he returns home I'll have him set up with the instructor and get him going towards his CCW.
    Please thank him for his service.
    May God bless you all.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Assistant Administrator
    You have had much to adapt to Philip - but it looks as tho things will become more family oriented and stable which is good. I can but imagine the trauma your son has endured ....... and convey my own thanks for his service.

Drop in if chance allows between times but sure as heck - late August will be here before we know it. Take care.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Links