Killed in Iraq

Killed in Iraq

This is a discussion on Killed in Iraq within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I found out last Friday that a guy I went to high school with was just killed in Iraq, In a town of about 5000, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Killed in Iraq

Killed in Iraq

I found out last Friday that a guy I went to high school with was just killed in Iraq, In a town of about 5000, the whole town is just still, this weekend was the biggest celebration the town has and it was just quiet compared to other years, No one from town hardly went, The whole thing has just got everyone in the town thinking about it. I was not close friends with him, but I was on the golf team with him for a couple years and always saw him in the hall. Please pray for him and his family.

http://www.kstp.com/article/stories/s120641.shtml

Thanks,
    Pappy

Assistant Administrator
    This is where it hits hard - at home and the family and friends. Seen this for myself. It's never just (another) life lost - it is a family in grief, their lives irrevocably changed.

I pray they find the strength to cope with it and be able to move on ..... and my heart sinks every day as I read of our boys being lost - every time somewhere there is hurt and pain.

Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Sad news for sure...our prayers will include his family...we salute and appreciate his brave efforts...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

He died a hero in my eyes. RIP

I salute him for his bravery and his service and ultimate sacrifice to our country. Prayers going up for his family and friends.

ss
    Eternity...it's Hell without Jesus

USN 1969-1973
    USS Jonas Ingram DD938

Everyone severing in the military is a hero if they are in Afganistan or Iraq or just serving on a base or ship here in the states.

Your friend died trying to stop the terrorists from attacking us here. He is the very definition of a hero.

God bless him and his family and friends.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

We stand on the shoulders of giants. He is now among them.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

His family and friends are in my prayers...along with those currently serving.
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

This is indeed the saddest part of our freedom. It is never, and has never been free. May God comfort his family and friends.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Just found out that there is word that some group is protesting at the funeral, but that group of bikers are supposed to be coming as well to block them off. I still can't imagine what they are thinking protesting.

I can think of nothing more wrong than those people protesting that soldier's funeral. My prayers are with him and his family.
    I have really dark thoughts about those protesters. I'm glad those bikers will be there to block them. If it were my family they were protesting, I'd probably end up in jail.
    ...one jagged hole!

To those that paid for my freedom,
    I WILL NEVER FORGET.

As with all statements I've made and All that I will make, please check your local laws to verify accuracy. (and if i'm wrong let me know as I like to be right in the future) After all I'm just some goofball posting on an internet forum.

Senior Member Array mech1369dlw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pappy View Post
    Just found out that there is word that some group is protesting at the funeral, but that group of bikers are supposed to be coming as well to block them off. I still can't imagine what they are thinking protesting.
    That would be Fred Phelps and his gang of idiots from Topeka , Kansas. Bunch of nutbags, really. Phelps says God hates gays and since the army has gays in it, then it is his job to protest as many of the burials as possible. The bikers are a great group of people that go to all the funeral services to act as a shield between the nutbags and the family honoring the soldier. I didn't know these scums were going out of state with their protests. They have been around the Ft. Riley/Junction City area many times, we have always have quite a few bikers and others to counter act these whack jobs. First amendment, you know. This is one time I would like to violate the promise I made 5 times to defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foriegn and DOMESTIC. God, I really despise those that protest at a soldiers funeral.
    A person is justified in the use of deadly force, if such person reasonably believes deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to such person or a third person.

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    RIP to another fallen hero.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

I feel for his family. Being former military myself, I have seen the faces of the children who will never see mom or dad again. War is an ugly thing.
    God Bless America!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links