Best friend died

Best friend died

This is a discussion on Best friend died within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Jessie 2000-2007 We were in Yellowstone when she got sick, so we cut our trip short and rushed her down the mountain to the Vet. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best friend died

Unhappy Best friend died

Jessie 2000-2007

We were in Yellowstone when she got sick, so we cut our trip short and rushed her down the mountain to the Vet. But nothing could be done as she had liver failure and died last Sunday night.

So it's been a week now and we are still getting over it and have decided to get another sheltie, so if anyone knows of any sheltie puppies for sale please let me know. Thanks, Rick
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Rick...

Sorry for the loss of a 'faithful' friend...it is always tough to lose a canine companion...nothing takes the place, but you can get another faithful friend. If people were as faithful and trusting as our dogs, the world could be a much better place.

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

awww, I'm sorry that you lost a good friend. I know how you feel, I too lost one a long time ago.

I hope you find another sheltie. I like them too.

Sorry to hear of the lost of your best friend.

My apologies to the 'anit-cat' crowd, but we had a family cat (CJ 1988-2000) that's been gone for 7 years now and she's still missed to this day. She'd come when called and meet you at the door.

I'd always been a DOG man, but I was surprised how fond I'd grown of the furball when she passed.
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

Sorry Rick. It's a heartbreaker. Our pets are like family.

Senior Moderator
    Sincere condolences. Jessie's picture shows she was well-loved.

When the time is right (and only you will know when it is), share that love with another special dog.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

DC Founder
    Sorry, Rick, I know how losing a longtime family member that just happens to be a dog is. My wife and I are trying to prepare ourselves for that time when our 13 year old golden retriever is gone. Gonna sorely miss her....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

She looks like a truly happy dog. Remember...all dogs go to heaven!

Sorry, Rick. Just want you to know we all suffer with you in your loss.

Dave.
    Go beyond that which is required of you...

me
    Not the same as a dog but my Late grandmother's bird, who had become my dad's bird, died today. my mother and sister were wrecks and my dad was a bear. I was ok with it because they have had the bird for over a year and I was not home most of that year. Mom was a wreck because that was the last living "part" of her mother as well as mom watched him fall in his cage and break his neck.

Not a good day here
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Lead Moderator
    Sorry to hear it. I helped a buddy bury his "best friend" a few weeks back. Too bad our buddies don't live longer.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

VIP Member
    RAINBOW BRIDGE

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
    When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Sorry about the loss of your friend, but he is waiting for you just this side of Rainbow Bridge.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    That is truly sad, we have lost a couple of dear pets over the years, the down side of having lots of animals, but the joy they bring when they are here is immeasurable.

You are in our prayers.
    Last edited by 4my sons; August 27th, 2007 at 09:49 AM. Reason: spelling
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

OD*
    Very sorry for your loss, Rick.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

Sorry for your loss
    NRA Rifle Coach
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection In the Home Instructor

--- Some of the friendliest people I have ever talked to are gun owners and shooters and according to the gun activists we are the mass murders and felons of the nation???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links