Please send up a prayer for some special friends

This is a discussion on Please send up a prayer for some special friends within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; OK, I know not everyone here is a believer but I'd like to ask for a prayer for some friends. We just got an e-mail ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please send up a prayer for some special friends

Please send up a prayer for some special friends

OK, I know not everyone here is a believer but I'd like to ask for a prayer for some friends.

We just got an e-mail from South Africa that a friend of ours was murdered. He and his wife were selling their home and getting ready to go sailing full time. Their goal was to help bring aid and outreach teams into needy remote areas of the South Pacific. Their daughters were headed out with them and I believe they had just got one through college. Suspicion is it was for the few dollars in his pockets. What a terrible mess.

They are struggling with what to do right now and the wife has to continue working through all this loss. Wish we could be there to help.

The police are not very likely to do much from what she says. They thought they were in a safe area.

Thanks...
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Sad to hear, Prayers for his family
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Why not right now?

Holy God & Heaven Father, we praise Your Name above all names. We lift our hearts to you in asking that you sent your Holy Spirit to comfort this family in the time of their tragic loss. We ask for your hand to be upon them, that You be nearby as they struggle under the weight of their grief. We pray for your mercy & ask for your guidance. We rest in your justice, knowing nothing escapes your eventual judgement. Be close to us & this family. In the name of Christ Jesus we ask...Amen.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

EL,

You got it. So sorry to hear this.

I pray that God will bless them in spite of, and somehow, even thru all this.

Mike
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Sorry to hear that. Prayers sent.

Consider our prayers sent!
    Lex et Libertas — Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

VIP Member
    Prayers set buddy.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Prayers sent for all.
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    It is always hard to lose a friend and one that is murdered is even harder. Prayers are sent for the family and you. We can only hope that if justice isn't served in this world it will be in the next.

Sorry to hear this...on the list!

(Sometime in the future, I'll have to ride my Harley to see your 'finished' new home...)
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Prayer sent up. Added family to my prayer list.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Absolutely my prayers are with you El... for the loss of a friend. And special prayers for your friends eternal salvation and to comfort his families grief are offered in just a few minutes as I retire for bed.

Saddened to hear such news.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

My deepest sympathies, May God grant them the strength they need.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Why not right now?

Holy God & Heaven Father, we praise Your Name above all names. We lift our hearts to you in asking that you sent your Holy Spirit to comfort this family in the time of their tragic loss. We ask for your hand to be upon them, that You be nearby as they struggle under the weight of their grief. We pray for your mercy & ask for your guidance. We rest in your justice, knowing nothing escapes your eventual judgement. Be close to us & this family. In the name of Christ Jesus we ask...Amen.
    AMEN!

My personal prayers are raised as well.
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

Just sent another prayer up my friend :) May god bless you folks!
    "Like a muddied spring or polluted well is a righteous man who gives way to the wicked." -Proverbs 25:26

"If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed..." -Exodus 22:2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links