Good for another month

This is a discussion on Good for another month within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just got back from the Dr who did all the surgery on my neck cancer I got scoped and checked from stem to stern and ...

Thread: Good for another month

Good for another month

Just got back from the Dr who did all the surgery on my neck cancer
    I got scoped and checked from stem to stern and everything is doing fine. the right side of my neck is still numb but he said that could take up to 18 months to get the feeling back and not all of it will come back so I guess we wait and see. The doc still wants me to do the radition thing just to be on the safe side but as long as everything stays as is I am going to pass, I met a guy at the VA last week who had the same cancer I had and he did chemo and radition and the radition just burned him up he will never eat except thru a tube and has no salivia glands and has to take meds just to keep his mouth moist he said if he had known the outcome he would just have taken his chances.

2. Remove Ads

Glad to hear things seem to be going in the right direction. Sometimes the cure is worse than the disease that is for sure. My best wishes for your speedy and complete recovery
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

DC Founder
    Glad to hear it. Hoping that all of your checkups are good. I hear ya on the radiation and chemo....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Glad to hear that things are going better for you...still a ways to go...but it sound pretty positive...hang in there!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Lead Moderator
    Hope it all is gone for good. Hang in there.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Assistant Administrator
    Encouraging update Sky - pleasing ...... and I am sure I have mentioned this before, to you or another - ''quality of life'' is for me more important than pure longevity.

I'll play the odds myself if I have to such that (for example) I'll have x years of relative fun - rather than chance double x years of very sub standard existence after too much therapy.

I also would leave out the radiation deal - and ''go for it'' - in as much as - celebrate life to the full and enjoy every doggone minute, whatever the crystal ball might try to say!

I think your choice is what mine would be anyways.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Glad to hear things are better. Hang in there!
    Lex et Libertas — Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Thanks Chris, you hit the nail on the head there is living and just existing . I think I said before I had never been in the hospital for more than a day when this happened and had never been really sick before, so the operation, 2wks in the hospital and a month just trying to get up and around was quite a wake up call. So long time or short time I am going to live every minute to the fullest.

Skysoldier.

That is GREAT news and I am very happy for you !

I know the feeling of total relief that comes with good scan results.

Also know the 'burned up' feeling from radiation. Even though my cancer was in the abdomen area and not the neck area like yours, I would have elected chemo instead of radiation had I been given the choice and known then what I do now about radiation.

Lots of side effects from 40 radiation treatments to the mid section, and a year later, I am still experiencing most of them. Docs say that the side effects can last anywhere from 2 to 5 years.

Again......... happy for you, my friend !

Thanks Dave , good to hear from you I guess us old soldiers are just plain hard to kill. Hows your son doing? did he get to be a police officer yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Skysoldier View Post
    Thanks Dave , good to hear from you I guess us old soldiers are just plain hard to kill. Hows your son doing? did he get to be a police officer yet?
    Working on it.... he just finished the second week of a 25 week Academy.

Good for him, tell him to hang in there I don't think I would want to do it but my son is a cop and wouldn't do anything else he loves it!

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Good to hear that prognosis, and keep us posted. We are rooting and praying for you.

Links