My Daughter ..

My Daughter ..

This is a discussion on My Daughter .. within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Now every dad has reason to be proud of the kids . Mine however keep giving me reasons to be happy with them .. My ...

Thread: My Daughter ..

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar

My Daughter ..

Now every dad has reason to be proud of the kids . Mine however keep giving me reasons to be happy with them .. My daughter blogs so you get to see more of her than my son but i assure you they have many issues in common . Ill post this that she wrote http://tractortracks.blogspot.com/2007/10/***-over.html

and ask you to take note not of what she did , but how upset she is that someone did not beat her to it . I would expect her to help in any case , the anger that no one else helped makes me proud of her .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

I am glad that there are still some people that look out for their neighbors.

wyo-man

Yep, so many people will not do anything to help someone anymore.

You should be glad to have such a caring Daughter. I would be proud too.

Years ago I spent 8 years in Wyoming. Pretty much all the rural and many of the urban people were like your daughter. I hope that hasn't changed much but probably would be unpleasantly surprised. Someone please tell me it hasn't changed!

What people don't realize is an act like that can be life or death to someone. In WY winters driving by someone broken down on the road out in the country can be very much that case. The same could be true for an older person stuck like she was in heat or cold.

Congratulate your daughter for us for being one of the decent human beings left.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Playing devils advocate here ...

On most any street I know of ('round here), a month's worth of folks could drive by in their cars and not be aware that a quick glimpse of a person really was of someone scared, agitated and stuck outside. "***" is so certain about the callousness of the folks who were driving by? Just wondering, as there isn't enough info in the blog to suggest that folks should have known and thus done something about it.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

yeah, in rural CO everyone waves as they drive past on the highway, and a few years ago I got turned around and in a ditch - the first farmer/rancher driving by in his pick-up did a U turn and came back to help us out...

IMHO out there some things move slower, less of a hurry, more concerned about their neighbors...

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    Now every dad has reason to be proud of the kids . Mine however keep giving me reasons to be happy with them .. My daughter blogs so you get to see more of her than my son but i assure you they have many issues in common . Ill post this that she wrote http://tractortracks.blogspot.com/2007/10/***-over.html

and ask you to take note not of what she did , but how upset she is that someone did not beat her to it . I would expect her to help in any case , the anger that no one else helped makes me proud of her .
    Yeah...that's one of my peeves. I've been there done that. I was at the bottom of a ravine in a car accident late at night on rain-slicked roads. Not one car stopped. Eventually a trucker stopped about 20 minutes later. And I know no one but the trucker called the police so all the cars that were behind me or passed me when I drove off the end of the road just left me there. Didn't even bother to call 911. Kudo's to your daughter. On a lighter side...I read some of the other postings there. She's kinda funny! Makes for interesting reading.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    good on her RR and good on you for the pay it forward thread.....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

A few weeks ago, I stopped to help a little old lady with a flat tire. Her husband, because of heart surgery a few weeks before, was not able to change the tire and had set out walking to find help. This woman was panicked into tears. My wife tried to calm her while I changed the flat. Fortunately, the man did not walk far.
    What is wrong these days? Are people actually afraid of little old ladies, or are they so self-centered that they think that they are above helping or will never need help?
    Someday, if we are fortunate enough to reach the same age, we might find ourselves in the same situation.

Redneck Repairs, you should be proud. You done well. Give yourself a pat on the back for me.

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar
    I opened a door for an older lady at my university. I grew up in texas, and I thought this was a normal, everyday, mundane occurence... i guess i was wrong? She nearly talked my ear off (not that i cared) for a solid 10 minutes about how people just don't do that sort of thing anymore. I thought about it all durring class (great use of tuition money) and she's right. I think I have lost faith in the majortiy of people, but it brings me hope to see that there are still good parents preaching good values, and more importantly children that are listening.
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

What I can't stand is when you do hold a door open for someone and they don't say thank you. They just walk through like you work there and it is your job.

Quote Originally Posted by SilenceDoGood View Post
    I opened a door for an older lady at my university. I grew up in texas, and I thought this was a normal, everyday, mundane occurence... i guess i was wrong? She nearly talked my ear off (not that i cared) for a solid 10 minutes about how people just don't do that sort of thing anymore. I thought about it all durring class (great use of tuition money) and she's right. I think I have lost faith in the majortiy of people, but it brings me hope to see that there are still good parents preaching good values, and more importantly children that are listening.

My Irish Catholic Nan would clip me in the back of the head if I did not hold the door for her .. LOL

Assistant Administrator
    Good to read that Bob - you gotta top grade gal there.

Sad tho ain't it - how folks live in a self-centered world for most part - con white too of course so they make good victims. I expect for us folks who hopefully are in con yellow - we'd notice that sorta thing way sooner and even if cautious (naturally) be there to assist.

heck we all get old (don't I know it) and one day could well be real glad for someone to help us out.

What goes around comes around ... as I said - you gotta great gal there.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Sponsored Links