Please Help Our Troops...

This is a discussion on Please Help Our Troops... within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Please note I have seen the sticky on the Xerox organization, so read the lower third about AdoptaPlatoon...thank you. Please Help Our Troops... The message ...

Thread: Please Help Our Troops...

Please note I have seen the sticky on the Xerox organization, so read the lower third about AdoptaPlatoon...thank you.

The message below was sent to me by a member of ICCF, Johnstuf, and I am grateful to him for doing so. Apparently kids from all over the country have sent in their artwork to say thanks to America's finest. Xerox uses the picture you select, prints YOUR note on it and sends it to our women and men overseas.

Well, I not only checked out the link but sent one off myself. It's so easy even I was able to do it. Just so you know, as one of the selections you have the option of sending your own personalized message, I did.

Prior to sending, check out this page... From The Troops. These folk's really appreciate this and, in all honesty, it is the least we can do.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Something cool that Xerox is doing

If you go to this web site, Let's Say Thanks you can pick out a thank you card and Xerox will print it and it will be sent to a soldier that is currently serving in Iraq . You can't pick who gets it, but it will go to some member of the armed services.

How AMAZING it would be if we could get everyone we know to send one!!! This is a great site. Please send a card. It is FREE and it only takes a second.

Whether you are for or against the war, our guys and gals over there need to know we are behind them...
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Hey, here's the link for AdoptaPlatoon. This is an all volunteer organization. There are many ways to help, look around the site and see what works best for you.

My family and I "adopted two Soldiers at the end of the Iraq War, thank God they both made it home OK. We sent many needed items to them as well as little luxuries. Kool-Aid, Chapstick, and sun-screen were very popular then.

BTW, boxes are free from the USPS and we tried to send a little extra as all GI's have Buddies... ;)

I just signed up again...going the pen-pal route this time. Perhaps there's some other old guy who needs a Buddy... ;D
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have two more worthy additions so you can choose how you want to help our service personnel. These I got from MedSpec65 over at the Packing 4 Life forum.

The first is an organization that assists the families of our troops here at home; the V.F.W. Unmet Needs Program. According to their site 100% of your donation goes to the families, now that's how to run a charitable organization folks. Oh, by the way, "The Gunny", R. Lee Ermy donates his time and money to this cause.

The second one is Any Soldier. This should also read "any service member" as you can link to any of the five armed services via the site. This is a rather interesting organization started by an Army family whose son, an airborne vet and multiple deployee, would give packages his Ma and Dad sent to others in his outfit. Basically, Any Soldier works the same way. You send a package to a designated service member, who is a volunteer, and that person gives the package to another service member that receives little or NO mail. The FAQ section explains it all people.

Well there you have it, four organizations and multiple ways to assist the men, women, and their families who are doing one hell of a job for us.

Please do what you can and don't hesitate to tell your friends, co-workers, schools and churches about the most excellent organizations.

Thank You All.
    Last edited by kilogulf59; October 29th, 2007 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Added Two More
    Take Care and Stay Safe,
    Ken

NRA Member
    Administrator Integrated Close Combat Forum

REMEMBER What works for you may not, necessarily, work for me. Keep an open mind!

2. Remove Ads

Exclamation Support Our Troops !

Just sent my message.Thanks for the link Ken!
    U.S. Army Veteran

Both organizations are great.....
    Take Care and Stay Safe,
    Ken

NRA Member

REMEMBER What works for you may not, necessarily, work for me. Keep an open mind!

Thumbs up

Well as it turned out I got a Soldier in Iraq and, unbeknownst to me, my daughter signed up for a pen pal. She's waiting to be assigned one.

These are all truely great organizations folks...
    Take Care and Stay Safe,
    Ken

NRA Member

Not to hijack your thread, I saw it as I was posting mine. There is another site that will let you Text A Thanksgiving Thank You to our warriors
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

LongRider,

No hijack here and I'm hijacking your link...good find and I already sent my message.
    Take Care and Stay Safe,
    Ken

NRA Member

Links