Anyone else do this?

This is a discussion on Anyone else do this? within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Hey all, I have a question for everyone that is a parent. Does anyone else keep a picture of their children and family on the ...

Thread: Anyone else do this?

Anyone else do this?

Hey all, I have a question for everyone that is a parent. Does anyone else keep a picture of their children and family on the inside of their visor in the car?

The reason I ask is because I have been keeping a picture of my 3 year old daughter on my visor. I have been doing this for a few months lately. It seems that when I am having a particularly bad day or jeez god forbid a worst case scenario (car accident)that hasn't happened yet. I'll just pull down my visor and see a picture of my baby and it will remind me to keep up the fight or just or just to let the dumb stuff slide.. All my troubles go away with one glance.

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago my beautiful wife saw the picture and asked why I had it there. I actually got all choked up when I told her why. I want to remind myself that after it is all said and done all I do is for her and and my little girl. Before I know it she'll be all grown up. Funny, I could feel my wife smiling at me as I fought back tears.

I just thought I'd share a little piece of my happiness.

Anyone else do this too?

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Ride4TheBrand's Avatar
    Glad to see you got your priorities squared away! Good job, amigo. And what a great idea...
    "We must remember that one man is much
    the same as another, and that he is best
    who is trained in the severest school."
    ~Thucydides, History of the Peloponnesian War

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Yep, I sure do. I keep a pic of my boy up by the headliner. I have a sunglasses holder and it displayed there for all to see. I look at it often and it always brings a smile to my face.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

me too except it's getting a bit dated so may be time for a more recent pix of my boys. Pretty much the same reason. Also serves as a reminder as why I carry.

Quote Originally Posted by dakotasdad View Post
    Hey all, I have a question for everyone that is a parent. Does anyone else keep a picture of their children and family on the inside of their visor in the car?

The reason I ask is because I have been keeping a picture of my 3 year old daughter on my visor. I have been doing this for a few months lately. It seems that when I am having a particularly bad day or jeez god forbid a worst case scenario (car accident)that hasn't happened yet. I'll just pull down my visor and see a picture of my baby and it will remind me to keep up the fight or just or just to let the dumb stuff slide.. All my troubles go away with one glance.

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago my beautiful wife saw the picture and asked why I had it there. I actually got all choked up when I told her why. I want to remind myself that after it is all said and done all I do is for her and and my little girl. Before I know it she'll be all grown up. Funny, I could feel my wife smiling at me as I fought back tears.

I just thought I'd share a little piece of my happiness.

Anyone else do this too?
    No, but I will! That's genius.

My wife has a photo of "our" (actually her) 5 children on the visor of her truck.

wyo-man

Lead Moderator
    I ordered school pics for my kids with small stickers (with their photos) I stuck em on the gauge lens in my truck.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Have had a picture taped to my visor for years.
    I love the visual reminder of who I am, and the impact I hope I
    am making on generations to come.

Time for a new one, though.

Need to make sure both daughters-in-law and the new
    granddaughter are in the picture.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

My cubicle is plastered with pictures of my wife and children!

Assistant Administrator
    Nothing under the visor and - my ''kids'' are all growed up - but I will admit that when things get real heavy or I think of crazy risk-taking, I have strong mental pics of all those I love - ''burned'' into memory and that soon gets me back on track.

I do however have pics of grandkids in my wallet - and they come out quite often. I share your sentiments entirely.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

No but that's a great idea. Lord knows I have enough pics that I can spare one for the truck.
    CRIME..... LAW DEFINES, POLICE ENFORCE, CITIZENS PREVENT!

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: [1] SOAP [2] BALLOT [3] JURY [4] AMMO!

LOL---No I dont, there isnt enough room on the visor---7 children, 2 stepchildren,13 grandchildren, (another on the way) and 3 step grandchildren.

Must have been "something in the water" or somebody had it in for me.

VIP Member
    Never had pictures of my kids in my car but used to when I was working, keeped pictures of my kids in different stages of growing up, in the lid of my machinist tool box. When I would have a bad day, I take a look at the pics and my day would brighten up.

VIP Member
    No kids...so I keep one of my old lady on my visor and on the inside of my locker at work...

I keep my pics in my toolbox which I carry w/me all day. I also have a special toolbox in my shop which the kids gave me for fathers day a few years back. I keep all sorts of mementos, drawings, pictures, etc. When my daughter asked me about it I told her that toolbox is to fix my heart if it gets broke.
    CW

Links