On being thankful.....

On being thankful.....

This is a discussion on On being thankful..... within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I found this pic on the internet.... It had a profound effect to say the least.. As a matter of fact, I hesitated to post ...

Thread: On being thankful.....

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar

On being thankful.....

I found this pic on the internet....
    It had a profound effect to say the least..

As a matter of fact, I hesitated to post it as I dont wish to offend anyone and pray that it is received in the manner intended.

For most, if not all of us and the ones we know, Thanksgiving is a day of family, eating and a long weekend. May we all take a second look at all we have been given and realize that anyone of us could have been the one in the picture.

May we all let each day be one of Thanks-Giving.....

~Adam
    Attached Images
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

thanks for the reminder. its easy to let these holidays fly by forgetting what they are all about

Nicely put. Thanks.
    CARRY GUNS:
    S&W 638, Ruger LCP, Kimber Ultra CDP

Makes me greatful for the life I'm able to lead and for the family that supports me in all I do. Also makes me feel like crap for whining about how many bills I have to pay, when you look at that picture and realize that there are people who don't even have a chance to pay bills, because they have no income and no decent living. Kind of scary.
    "All war is deception" --Sun Tzu
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

It seems to me that the commercialization of the Christmas season has threatened to overshadow Thanksgiving.

Thanks for posting a reminder about how thankful we should be for living in this great country. God has blessed me in that all of my 'needs' have been provided and my 'wants' are few - although a Storm subcompact wouldn't hurt!

If we have enough money to spend on handguns, ammo, and defense tools, instead of worrying where our next meal is coming form, we must ALL be very fortunate and blessed indeed!
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

The Salvation Army does a great job helping those in need. I know all the arguments against it, and I confess to not having all the answers. I do know that they help the poor. In the end, our Lord will decide who did what, not me. God Bless the poor. I know I can't help them all, and with the high heating cost, the cost of medication, the cost of food, the higher property taxes on homes our seniors have worked their life for, and the children that don't have a decent meal once a day if once a week, I feel helpless. Those of us that are truely blessed with the riches of our hobby and the money to enjoy it, let us please reach deeper than we ever have before and give this wonderous year to helping those in need. I promise to each of you that each time I see a Salvation Army Kettle Ringer this year, I'll give them $20 more than I gave them the last time I saw one this year. God Bless you, and please help.
    (Mods: If I violated any rules, please do what you have to do. Thanks, Emil)
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Administrator

"(Mods: If I violated any rules, please do what you have to do. Thanks, Emil)"

No you are not in violation of any DefensiveCarry forum rules by asking that folks donate to any known worthwhile legitimate charitable foundation or organization.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Thank you.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Links