Text a Thanksgiving Thank you To Our Warriors

Text a Thanksgiving Thank you To Our Warriors

This is a discussion on Text a Thanksgiving Thank you To Our Warriors within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Tomorrow thousands of our children, brothers, sisters fathers and mothers will be far from home. Freezing on mountain tops or baking in a desert floors, ...

Thread: Text a Thanksgiving Thank you To Our Warriors

Thumbs up Text a Thanksgiving Thank you To Our Warriors

Tomorrow thousands of our children, brothers, sisters fathers and mothers will be far from home. Freezing on mountain tops or baking in a desert floors, placing their lives in harms way. They will endure the horror, wounded maimed and killed serving our nation. For you and me. These men and women have served longer and more often than any others in our nations history. For love of you and me they sacrifice and serve. For Thanksgiving the lucky ones will have a moments reprieve of mess hall chow. Many will huddle in some hole and inhale their rations before proceeding on with their deadly duties. Far from home alone. But they can receive a text message from you. Please take a moment to say thank you. Go to
    Text A Thanksgiving Thank You
    and let them know YOU are grateful for them. Let us be sure that each of them get dozens no hundreds of messages of our appreciation and gratitude. Please pass this on to all you know
    Last edited by LongRider; November 21st, 2007 at 04:30 PM.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Done
    Thanks for the opportunity to do so.

Nice flower by the way

Assistant Administrator
    Great - thanks for mentioning that - I like to take every opportunity to show them all we care and think of them.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamisou View Post
    Done Thanks for the opportunity to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    Great - thanks for mentioning that - I like to take every opportunity to show them all we care and think of them.
    Thanks. kinda bums me out that today there have only been 10,000 messages sent nation wide and only two from here. With only 24 even bothering to look. Not to discount you two at all but it does not seem like much of a responce. Ya know?

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Assistant Administrator
    Only 10k nationwide - heck that's shabby

I'd like to think that some of the 24 views have done something active. I went there straight away and wrote the following. It's not crafted - it's from the heart and impromptu.

Guys and Gals,

I say that as plural as I hope as many as can will read my wishes and those of others.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving - and sure as heck wish y'all were back home to share it here. However, for everyone who is missing the real deal - you are uppermost in my thoughts and should know how much I and so very many others care.

I am 62 - way too old to serve but my heartfelt gratitude goes to everyone doing their bit for our great nation. I confess, my thoughts are much less due to the 'why' you are there - but much more so 'because' you are there, and not home.

I am not very religious and yet can still say with some considerable feeling - may God Bless every one of you and protect you, and may you have at least some small opportunity to celebrate Thanksgiving in your own way. Take care.

My best wishes, Chris
    ======================
    Chris - P95

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    Just sent it, They are probably eating turkey and fixings now as Iraqi is 8 hours
    or so ahead of us in time.

Assistant Administrator
    Not sure where the 10k messages came from but just checked the current figure and it shows 228,132 - much better!
    Chris - P95

VIP Member
    I think it might be messages per day. I just sent mine and it read 106,776 sent
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

I'd like to think that some of the 24 views have done something active. I went there straight away and wrote the following. It's not crafted - it's from the heart and impromptu.
    That is my hope too. From the heart is always best. I am MAKING my guests send one.

Not sure where the 10k messages came from but just checked the current figure and it shows 228,132 - much better!
    Weird I just looked at the main pageAmerica Supports You it says 111,458 messages sent to date. When i first posted yesterday morning it was around 54,900 than later it was up 10K to 65,000 or so. So it has doubled but no 228,132 that I see, like I said weird. Internet vodoo. Either way as has been said this is the very least we can do, and let them know WE THE PEOPLE do appreciate the great sacrifice they are making.
    An aside check out this link U.S. Soldier Re-Enlists Hours After Being Seriously Wounded in Iraq IED Attack. I'd adopt this kid in a heart beat

Sponsored Links