R.I.P John Hester

R.I.P John Hester

This is a discussion on R.I.P John Hester within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; John was a head dr. He devoted his life to our mixed up vets . Tho he is one of the smartest men i have ...

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar

R.I.P John Hester

John was a head dr. He devoted his life to our mixed up vets . Tho he is one of the smartest men i have ever met he lived his life on a .gov stipend and shared the wealth of his intellect with the rest of us . John and his wife raised a downs syndrome child named " chrissy " chrissy is 50 years old now ... need i say more about the love and care of my lost friend? I cant say what john ( Doc hester) has ment to me over the years other than he was the friend i had when i felt i had no friend . in some ways he was my " father figure " He leaves a family in mourning as well as a host of friends I for myself will be proud to be one to lay him at rest in a national cemitary this Friday " Doc " wherever you may be may you rest in peace knowing you helped so many .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

I looked at my post , trying to add or correct what i said and realised i cant at this time read for the tears. No one has had this effect on me and god bless you hester , crap i cant even type
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .

Sorry R.R., my hart goes out to ya..........
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Assistant Administrator
    I feel for you Bob - losing a dear friend hurts - hurts bad. There is little we can say to ease the pain but be assured our hearts are with you.

Loss of good folks is always bad - leaves a huge void that nothing can fill. Best maybe tho might be to consider the legacy he leaves behind - all the folks who will remember him for what he was and did. Celebrate that at least.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Sorry for the loss of your friend. He sounds like an exceptional man. Remember the good times and have a laugh about the funny ones, even if your eyes are clouded with tears at the time.
    God Bless.
    CRIME..... LAW DEFINES, POLICE ENFORCE, CITIZENS PREVENT!

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: [1] SOAP [2] BALLOT [3] JURY [4] AMMO!

May God grant peace to his friends and family, he sounds like a fine man. Wish I could have known him.

I am able to count the true friends in my life on my fingers, no toes needed and I'm no longer young. I don't look forward to saying a last goodbye to any of them. Good friends are a true blessing and mighty rare. Just think of how blessed you have been to know him and maybe be that kind of friend to someone else who needs one.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

I'm truely sorry for your loss.
    It's hard to lose someone that you have known for so many years.

You know that if you need to talk, we are here for you.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    It is hard losing a good friend. Especially one one who has devoted his life to helping others. My heart and prayers go out to you and those who knew him.

I'm really sorry Bob. Sounds like someone we would all have liked, as well as being a truly special man. He went with God.
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

VIP Member
    Sorry for the loss RR...sounds like a man you were very fortunate to know...
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    Sorry for your loss RR - Sounds like he was a great man!!
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

OK i am ready ( i think ) to post back on this . Doc was laid to rest in a national cemitairy on a rather cold and blustery day . Full militairy honers were rendered and the poor lads were not yet in the " winter wools " . The riflemen stood with hand on barrel for about an hour and a half in 35 degree 50% humid with a 30 mph wind . thier hands on rifles were bone white , thier noses were running non stop , and they never fumbled on the salute . I will say that the " color guard " of our military exlempilflys both the respect and dignity of death . Part of the service was that a poem was read the poem was the cremation of sam mcgee ( you can read it here http://www.wordinfo.info/words/index...view_unit/2640 and you can hear it read here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lBkuz1TlVc ) . Now we are all standing around freezing listening to this poem ... then come to find out it was Doc's sole request that it be read in all its goodness and fully . Now yall can count it as anything you want , but for myself and all who served under Cornel John Hester us freezing our butts off while this poem was read was no more than expected in a long life of surprises the man offered us .

Tho John was a medical mos all his life he had one son who was special forces untill an injury washed him out , I did note that not only the sgt in charge but 4 out of the 7 riflemen had sf rockers on the shoulder, i dont know if it means crap but i would like to think it does . Anyway a part of my life closes , and a new part opens . I am richer for having known John Hester , and in fact if i need any more listening to the read of the poem helped to " instill character" . Anyway John Godspeed ya to your reward you have earned it richly .

For the forum thanks for understanding , you never knew Doc , but this old redneck is richer for the acquaintance.

Assistant Administrator
    Thx for the report Bob - very fine send off - tho sad the guys all had to endure such cold - brutal.

you never knew Doc , but this old redneck is richer for the acquaintance.
    That is quite something - when we can say that about someone we have known ......... a testimony in itself.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

God Bless.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Links