Kids and marriage

This is a discussion on Kids and marriage within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well that SOB son-in-law kicked my daughter out of the house Sunday a week ago. Today we cleaned everything that was hers out and he ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kids and marriage

Kids and marriage

Well that SOB son-in-law kicked my daughter out of the house Sunday a week ago. Today we cleaned everything that was hers out and he didn't like it but kept a civil tongue. He may be in law enforcement (jailer) but he knows I can out shoot him anytime. After many sessions at the dueling tree he knows better. The marriage only lasted 13 months and my wife and I are still paying for the wedding. Wow, I'm so mad I can hardly see here . He has been verbally abusive to her for quite some time so I figure this is it. He didn't realize that she owned the refer, stove, freezer, double bed, love couch, microwave, crock pot, toaster oven and a bunch of other stuff. He's got not much more then an empty house and a Playstation 3. I hate to think all the time I invested in taking him hunting, shooting and letting him use my ATVs. My wife even purchased him a $3000 horse. I shoot the critter before he takes it off the property. To think of the mistakes we've made trying to help them and be nice to him really sets me off. I guess I just needed to rant and we could use some prayers.
    Last edited by rocky; January 21st, 2008 at 07:29 PM. Reason: forum violation.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

2. Remove Ads

Count to ten, and lock up the guns for a while.

(It's easy for me to say)...
    It isn't the end of the world...

JT
    I can certainly understand your anger, but a little friendly advice….you may want to watch what you say in print.

Say something went terribly wrong and you had to use deadly force to protect the life of your daughter. Then say you had to defend your actions before a grand jury. Your post above may not reflect you in the best of light when you a trying to convince the grand jury that you are an upstanding citizen and that your use of deadly force was the only option available. All of us here probably understand you are just angry, but remember how a prosecutor can paint things.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

That sucks.

Take solice in that she can/will surely do better. Best wishes.

As cliché as it may sound "Things truly do happen for a reason." God bless you and your family in whatever you do. The Good Lord will surely be guiding your daughter through this new stage in her life.
    "Praise the Lord & pass the ammunition"

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    I am sorry all this is happening. I have a 16 year old daughter and I know that if some guy treats her the way your son-in-law treated your daughter, I would not be happy. Dad's are very protective. That is your job. And it sounds like you are doing it very, very well.

Nothing anyone says here is going to mitigate the feelings you are having right now. The best thing you can do is protect your daughter and let things play out.

I know that in dealing with my dad and his Alzheimer's, I went through some pretty harrowing incidents with his agitation, trips to the hospital, etc, etc, etc. But what I discovered was that even in the midst of the SHTF that after I let things play out, God was truly in control and everything worked out for the best.

I will pray for your daughter's well being.

Be safe.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

I arrived at the decision to treat all of my daughter's 'friends' with polite disdain, at best. I have 4 daughters (12-20), and I can't imagine that I'll ever like any of the idiots they drag in. I don't believe I've ever really liked any teenage boys, since I was one myself!

Not saying I won't be polite, but I'm not going to try to make friends with any of them... at least not until they've been married for a decade or so and it starts to look permanent.
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

VIP Member
    Prayers sent. I'm glad she seems to be safely out of it.

Thanks for all the comments. My wife and I have been married for 30 years and my parents even though my mother has had Alzheimer's for many years they have been married for 67 and are still together. My father had a chance to leave mom in a nursing home but couldn't do it and takes great care of her. My wife's parents died 4 weeks apart after a long marriage. I Today while mad I did treat him with respect and we had no angry words. My daughter first boyfriend was a jerk and after her teachers warned me about him I ran him off. Don't step on my property again. He got the message and never came back. Of course I was joking but he didn't know it. The only way I'll ever shoot is in defense of my family, self or perhaps members of my church like the Colorado Springs thing. It just bugs the heck out of me. Both my wife and I come from a long line of people that meant our vows and I have trouble believing that in only 13 months this knot head threw everything away. With him being in law enforcement and a reserve deputy I tried to teach him to shoot much better but he has a lot of trouble with flinching. Well I'm through teaching him the better aspects of gun handling. He will have to learn on his own.
    Last edited by rocky; January 21st, 2008 at 07:34 PM. Reason: forum violation
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

By the way I forgot to say thank you for the prayers.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ridurall View Post
    With him being in law enforcement and a reserve deputy I tried to teach him to shoot much better but he has a lot of trouble with flinching. Well I'm through teaching him the better aspects of gun handling. He will have to learn on his own.
    You would have thought that after being around you for 13 months plus the courtship, he would have picked up on how to be a better person.

I know that you are really POed with him right now, and I only mention this because you said you went to church, but if God gave up on us every time we did something stupid, we would be in heap big doo doo. One of the tenets of Christianity is redemption. It may take 20-30 years, because, truth be told, there is a lot he will not understand until he is in his 50s. (Ya, if I only had my 20 year old body now!!) A little tough love goes a long way.

I will continue to pray for you, your family and him. Lots of people turn their lives around. He may be no exception.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Well, it's a tough deal, and your daughter is special to you, so your frustration and anger are well understood. If he gave up after such a short period, she's better off without him, but that is no solace right now.

Anyway, your in my thoughts.

I've got two daughters. Every time in the last ten years they brought a new boyfriend home, he and I privately had our "little talk". Never once have any given my girls any grief, even through breakups. They always treated me with respect too. Sorry for your daughter's situation!
    Tracy

Senior Moderator
    Prayers are with your family at this time. I'm not a parent yet, but have seen my sister and her husband go through this about four times already.

They married against all of the advice that everyone could give them. He kicked her out shortly after six months of marriage.

They got back together.

She kicked him out.

They got back together.

They split.

They got back together.

My parents are ready to go crazy. It seems like there is always some drama on that front.

It makes me really appreciate the man that God gave me.

My best wishes for all of you! I hope that things get better for your daughter.

Thank you everyone for your comments and prayers. This is really tearing up my wife. I had a hard time telling my 85 year old father but some words of wisdom from my great sister in Colorado Springs sure helped a lot. My daughter only brought home 2 boyfriends. After 1 year I ran the first one off and gave my daughter a choice between her 99 4X4 Jimmy or him. She picked the Jimmy and he and I had a "talk" about staying away. He hit his next girlfriend. At least my son-in-law never hit my daughter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links