Just a little

This is a discussion on Just a little within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just a little about me. I'm 46 widowed was married for 22 1/2 years. My wife passed away from breast cancer January 2007. Didn't even ...

Thread: Just a little

Just a little

Just a little about me.
    I'm 46 widowed was married for 22 1/2 years.
    My wife passed away from breast cancer January 2007.
    Didn't even know she had it till her back was hurting and we when to the hospital.
    She fought it for 1 1/2 years till it spread to her brain.
    She fought hard all the way till the end.
    I gave her shots said see you in the morning.
    She passed during the night in her sleep at home with me.
    So to all the ladies out there. Go get checked out with a mammogram and there's another test they do.
    But I'll have to dig the books out and see what it is.
    Sorry if i went on so long.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Very sorry to hear that you lost your Wife bushlight.
    Cancer is a terrible thing.
    Thanks for your thoughtful advice to our female members and hopefully your advice (and you having shared your deep loss) will prompt our male members to remind their female loved ones to go and get regularly checked out.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    Thanks for the good advice, and you are right.

My wife and I had decided long ago to get a physical once a year, and it's been a good decision. BTW it is rare for males to get breast cancer, but we are at risk for other male-related cancers..........go get yourself checked out. A physical is much less to endure than surgery, chemo, or radiation.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    BTW it is rare for males to get breast cancer
    It is rare, but one of our male members here has had it. Sorry, I can remember the fact, but am terrible with names. Maybe he will post or someone else can remind us of who it was.

Great advice for all of us. Get checked out regularly.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Sorry to hear of this loss...a very difficult process that EVERY couple must face at some time, but something difficult to really understand completely without going through it...
    Hope you can grow stronger with more time...

Take care...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Sorry to hear about your wife. Be strong and know that you have friends here. Should you need a friend to talk to let me know.

Luke
    "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
    John 3:16

NRA Life Member

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. After we found out we sat down and had a long talk.She knew she was going to die from this.So she had her funeral all planed out.So we sat down got the music she wanted played onto a cd.What color flowers she wanted. What she wanted to have on.Its hard for me to type this after a year.Sorry

VIP Member
    I know it is hard for you, and I hope posting on the forum helps out for you as well, at times it helps to share your thoughts with others.

It's perfectly alright to have a down day, and I usually get through them by shifting to the positive and thinking about the good times and good memories. Sometimes I can even make myself laugh over some good memory and it does so much to help unburden my thoughts.

Good luck, and take care.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Assistant Administrator
    I have a good imagination and can in part at least have an idea how you feel, even trying to get your thoughts down for us here. It is tho good to blow smoke, even if it is only mildly cathartic. It's sharing that's all.

I very frequently try and imagine losing my wife, the dearest thing in my life along with my kids of course. - and the thought strikes abject fear into me - and so I am at least sensing how much of a terrible gap you have in your life. Nothing will take that away whatever we say but know this - I and others can send good thoughts your way and empathy is all to do with sharing.

You are among friends in this place, and just hope you not only realize that but use it to the full.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Breast cancer will sure cut a hole in a families life. I've had several friends that lost their wives to it. It's odd but none of them have remarried. Most decided that they could never replace their mates and it wouldn't be fair to anyone to try. My best friend from North Carolina was close to retirement age 15 years ago when his wife passed and since then decided to hunt all over the world. The man has a cabin in Montana in the middle of 100,000 acres of private land with a nice trout stream close by. He also hunts Canada for moose, bear and caribou. A few years ago he came here to Oklahoma to hunt turkey with me. He also probably shoots 25 deer in NC on depredation permits and gives the meat to the needy. He has turned something very sad into time for him and his grandson to spend some very quality time together. He has one very lucky grandson that will have memories that will last him his whole life. I'm sorry for your loss but you can make something of it. I know I'd be lost without my wife of 30 years but we have got a 6 year old son to live on for. Right now my wife has been crying every day for a month since my SOB-in-law committed adultery on my daughter after only being married for 11 months. We've got some healing to do as do you. Hang in there, my prayers are with you.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

Sorry to hear about your wife. I had an aunt who also died of breast cancer that spread into her brain and lungs. God has a reason and a plan for everything.
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Links