Lost my constant companion

This is a discussion on Lost my constant companion within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I guess I need to share this with folks here since you all understand. That, and the fact that I'm not very sleepy, getting caught ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lost my constant companion

VIP Member

Lost my constant companion

I guess I need to share this with folks here since you all understand.
    That, and the fact that I'm not very sleepy, getting caught up on the forum after a long couple of weeks in the academy, and its difficult to go to bed without my guard dog in the house now.

I lost my 12 year old yellow Lab yesterday. She was the best dog that anyone could ask to have. She dearly loved me, my wife, and put up with my 5 year old lol. She didn't take to strangers and was one heck of a watch/guard dog. In fact, a couple of times she alerted us to some 2 legged critters doing something at our front door in the middle of the night. She was always our early warning system and always wanted to bark at everyone approaching.

I'm going to miss that big tail wagging and the greeting of the cold pink nose everyday coming home from work. No matter how bad of a day you had, no matter what stressors you had, you could depend on her to meet you with that "smiling" face and let you pet your stress away. I now have a bunch of unused tennis balls
    Attached Images
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

2. Remove Ads

I'm sorry to hear that. They do leave a void... but also wonderful, smiling memories.

I think Ridurall said something like this recently: "I wish I was half the man my dog thought I was."

My condolences for your loss.

Administrator
    Losing a dog always sucks. Labs seems to have a special place in a lot of people's hearts.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Administrator
    The pain of your loss resonates from your post.
    Very sorry that you lost such a great pal.

Condolences

Hello 64zebra,

I saw your post and just wanted to add my condolences.

Isn't it a Blessing to have had a wonderful, unconditional relationship

with one of GOD'S finer creations. I often feel very sorry for

the people that go through this life never knowing the unconditional

Love and companionship of a canine friend. I might offer a suggestion

of doing a "search" of Rainbow Bridge...it's given me some relief from

the sorrow of loosing a special friend in the past.

Keep the Faith.

Safety First....Keep your groups tight,

mM

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    The pain of your loss resonates from your post.
    Very sorry that you lost such a great pal.
    +1 nicely put.

I had to put my old-timer down last year. After a long hard day at work, I still expect him to greet me at the door... it makes a hard day even harder.

My condolences.
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

I have a chocolate lab and shes getting old shes 11 and i can yell at her in the morning,she lays by my bed and she don't even move so I gotta touch her and about 5 seconds later she kinda jerks and opens her eyes,I think we shot over her too much in the old hunting days,shes got arthritis in her hip and i gotta pick her hind end up when we go for a ride and put her in the jeep,shes not much of a watchdog anymore but a couple years ago would run outta the back bedroom when she heard the door open to greet me.When I broke my neck and was in the hospital and rehab for about 6 weeks everybody told me how lost she looked when the door opened shed come running but stop when it wasn't me with a sad look,the day I came home and they wheeled me in in my wheelchair she had a look like where the hell have you been and what is on your head,"I had a halo on for 4 months"she never left my side for a long time if I went to bed she went to bed if I went inthe living room it was like she was attached to my hip.I don't even wanta think about the day I will have to say goodbye.I feel your pain and wish you the best
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Lost a wonderful dog in late 04. After a week or so of feeling empty, and living in way too quiet of a house, I Googled "(insert favorite breed) rescue" I now have 2 dogs that were move in ready (house broken, and a good idea of their personality) and 2 great dogs were spared being put down. I would really encourage you to look into a good breed rescue. No two dogs have the same personality, but I see my great relationship with Bud, my Dal I lost in 04, as opening the door to save Mabel and Sailor from an awful fate. At first I felt bad about thinking of another dog so soon after Bud died, but the house felt horribly empty without him. Mabel came home within a couple weeks, and a few months later, Sailor was in need of a home in the worst way. I can't see myself in a home without a dog, and am sure I will always look for a second chance dog in the future. I think they know they got a break, they are really great dogs. Sorry you lost a friend, hope you will look into rescue.

Tom

JRG
    I have a three year old Golden Retriever, and last year I had to put down another Golden who had cancer....it is never easy and you have no idea how attached you really are....I'm sorry for your loss.

My Dog
    "He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
    You are his life, his love, his leader.
    He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
    You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
    Jim - Danville, IN

I am sorry for your Lost!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 64zebra View Post
    I guess I need to share this with folks here since you all understand.
    That, and the fact that I'm not very sleepy, getting caught up on the forum after a long couple of weeks in the academy, and its difficult to go to bed without my guard dog in the house now.

I lost my 12 year old yellow Lab yesterday. She was the best dog that anyone could ask to have. She dearly loved me, my wife, and put up with my 5 year old lol. She didn't take to strangers and was one heck of a watch/guard dog. In fact, a couple of times she alerted us to some 2 legged critters doing something at our front door in the middle of the night. She was always our early warning system and always wanted to bark at everyone approaching.

I'm going to miss that big tail wagging and the greeting of the cold pink nose everyday coming home from work. No matter how bad of a day you had, no matter what stressors you had, you could depend on her to meet you with that "smiling" face and let you pet your stress away. I now have a bunch of unused tennis balls

We lost our Family member (Nunuk)3yrs ago after having her in our lives for 16 years...We still talk about her and view pictures of her...

You've lost part of your family.
    It's right and proper to grieve this loss.
    It's also right and proper to celebrate good memories.
    We still have chewed up tennis balls in odd places.
    In time we too shall have another set of teeth worrying another set of tennis balls, but not today.
    My wife and I extend our condolences.
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

Sorry for your loss.
    This really touches a nerve...I understand completely...

We just went through the same thing just a month or so ago.
    Hard to believe, but you and I could have used the SAME picture to show others our best friend...looks exactly like the same Lab.

I know the void you and your family are feeling. They (canines) are that particular friend who is never forgotten.

You are definitely in my thoughts.

Take care...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Moderator
    Very sorry for your loss. Hang in there.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Distinguished Member
    I am truly sorry for you loss and trust me I do feel your pain. Losing a dog has to be in 1 of the top 10 things in life that sucks. Let time do its magic, and after that get another because some dog out there deserves someone like you!!!

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Very sorry to hear of your loss. I had to put down the best friend I ever had in late 2005 (German Shepherd), and have lost a couple in the past few months. They can never be replaced. It's the unconditional love we miss the most. May God bless you and the rest of the family in this difficult time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links