My Grandma

This is a discussion on My Grandma within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I received some news this morning that from Grandma's standpoint is a good news since her health had been failing for the last two years. ...

Thread: My Grandma

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar

My Grandma

I received some news this morning that from Grandma's standpoint is a good news since her health had been failing for the last two years. God called her home Tuesday morning.

I guess it is only natural that when you loose someone to think about who they were and what they meant to you. We never were physically close to our Grandparent except for maybe two weeks out of the year because Grandma and Grandpa had settled in Indiana, but Dad was always faithful to call Grandma and Grandpa every week.

I remember Grandma was pretty good about writing letters. I remember as a kid Mom would cut our bacon in half, but when we were at Grandma's we got whole pieces. When I was in college Grandma and Grandpa would have me over for Sunday dinner and Grandma would let me come do laundry at her place and we could visit for a couple hours. A couple of years ago Grandpa asked why always seamed to call when I was doing laundry. It took me a couple of weeks to remember that I would visit with them while I did laundry at their Harmon Street home.

Grandma had a best friend by the name of Willowdeen. When those two got together they were like a pair of teenagers. When Grandma started giggling...she kept giggling.

I would call and try to conspire with Grandpa to get Grandma to fix Grandpa a pumpkin pie...didn't really work but Grandma always giggled at the thought. My Grandma would send me jokes and pass on family history.

But the greatest thing that Grandma and Grandpa ever gave were their prayers for me. I can't begin tell how much it scares me that I don't have Grandma praying for me anymore.

Grandma I love you.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

2. Remove Ads

Sounds like you really loved her, my prayers are with you.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

I am sorry for your loss, my prayers are with you. As long as you keep her memory alive, she is not truly gone. She's still looking down on you.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    Reminds me of my grandma. Since the day I joined the military, she has sent me a letter every week without fail. Your post reminds me I should call her more often.

Like above, keep her memory alive, and she'll always be with you. Sorry for your loss.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

I'll wager she's still praying for you.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Sorry for your loss...we have all been there...you are in our thoughts.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Sorry for your loss. You're in my thoughts.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    I can't begin tell how much it scares me that I don't have Grandma praying for me anymore.
    Now just why would you say that ? Do you really think that a little thing like death can stop the love from or to a grandparent ? The only difference now is that Grandma is in a place to walk over and tweak the Diety's nose if his plan for you happens not to coincide with her understanding of your well being .
    Our thoughts here at Casa Redneck will be with you in the coming days , hoping that the sweet memorys you have outweigh the bitter loss you now feel . Mourn her death as we must, but more important is to celebrate her life through living and teaching the values she had that you hold dear .
    May the peace and joy of her life you shared with us infuse yours and your familys soon .

Bob
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    In a Hebrew family, this would call for a celebration; to me it sounds like you have it right. Shalom and G-d bless.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Dakotaranger View Post
    I can't begin tell how much it scares me that I don't have Grandma praying for me anymore.

Grandma I love you.

My heartfelt sympathies for your loss.
    She won't need to pray for you anymore--She's at the source. I don't have any grandparents left on this earth. I truly miss this part of my family and the history that went with them. My grandma Emily sounds to have been a lot like your grandma. She was actually the predominant influence in me choosing my career.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    I'm sorry for your loss. You seem to be well, in that you know she is not suffering ill health. She will still be praying for you but on a different plain. She is closer to God and maybe he'll hear those prayers better. My prayers are with you now as well. Take care of yourself.

I lost my father, its rough. My deepest condolences brother

Links