Garrett Protective Association

This is a discussion on Garrett Protective Association within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Brothers, Momma Bear Lima is having trouble carrying Garrett and her hand cannon at the same time. I want to be a good uncle to ...

Thread: Garrett Protective Association

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar

Brothers,

Momma Bear Lima is having trouble carrying Garrett and her hand cannon at the same time. I want to be a good uncle to this little one, I greatly appreciate Lima's (and JD's) posts, and I want to encourage Lima as she spreads the gospel of self- and family protection among our womenfolk. I am guessing that most of you folks feel the same way, and would like to help, too.

Towards that end I've proposed a Garrett Protective Association in which we can contribute five bucks each to a PayPal account for Lima to get a Ruger LCP and pocket holster, a new baby carrier with a built-in SafePacker, a custom diaper bag with missile attachment points, or whatever she needs for her evolving carry modes.

I'll post the PayPal link when it is set up; see the thread which prompted this at "http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...r-options.html"

Step on up, folks!
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    I'm down.

I am in too.

I missed out on helping artz, so I'm definitely in for this one.
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar

Ah, well...

All, they nixed the idea. I *think* JD said he was going to sell a dozen of his guns to us for cheap so he could pay for all sorts of new stuff for Lima, but I may not have read it correctly.

Sigh. Well, we let them know that we care, and I expect we would have had hundreds of participants if we had let this run. Note JD's suggestions, however, should we still feel charitably inclined.

Let's keep praying for their safety and that Garrett would grow up to be just like us.

Hmm...

We appreciate the sentiment, but we're going to turn down the offer.

1: In about 12 days we're not going to be able to carry for a while during our settling process in IA ,even then the county we are moving to is anti-self defense and doesn't issue carry permits for self defense to the "average citizen" but that's topic for another thread.

2: We have 14 handguns and over 20 holsters, I'm sure she can find a suitable means of carry for our remaining 12 days in VA.

3: There are plenty of other people out there in more need than us, but if you really want to donate to a charity cause, do so to The March of Dimes, Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society, The Virginia Public Safety Foundation or any other charity to help those in real need.

If you REALLY want to help keep Lima and I keep the family safe, donate to IowaCarry.org, as they are the only entity fighting for pro shall issue and CCW reform in IA.

Again, we appreciate the sentiment, but we'll be OK.

Besides, if Lima really wanted a P3AT or LCP, I could raise enough funds with a "DC Moving Sale", seriously I've found so much stuff I don't use while packing that if I were to sell it all, we could buy another 1911.

VIP Member
    Well, Lima and JD are special people; so I'm in as soon as you post the link.

Later- just saw the other post. The sentiment here still stands. These two are special people.

JD
    Administrator
    I appreciate the thought guys, but as stated, there are many others in greater need than us.

Links