Met my daughter's soon to be in-laws (gun related)

This is a discussion on Met my daughter's soon to be in-laws (gun related) within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Ok... well, my daughter is engaged for awhile and wedding is in the works..... well in the works. I had not met his parents and ...

Thread: Met my daughter's soon to be in-laws (gun related)

Ok... well, my daughter is engaged for awhile and wedding is in the works..... well in the works. I had not met his parents and obviously, they wanted to meet.

I'm 'uncomfortable' about this to say the least. So, we all meet up at a local restaurant. We're sitting there.... talking... going well...

and his mother says..... "he's teaching me to shoot a gun and we just came from the range.... he says I need to learn for self-protection.... do you have a conceal carry license ??? He does... "

I told her "yes, I do too", and I think it is great that you are learning to shoot, and believe that you definitely should know how to protect yourself . He seems a little distraught that she had brought the subject up, but then smiles big to find out I have a CC license too.

Then, my granddaughter breaks the news to her...... " I shoot all the time with granddad"... he's been teaching my brother and I to shoot.

She's amazed that they are shooting (ages 10 & 12). So, my granddaughter starts filling her in on how often she shoots, etc.... and she's amazed that my granddaughter knows so much about guns. They decide that she (his mother) wants to go with 'us' some time to the range so that she can practice with them too.

OK... this is off to a good start... guess that's one thing I don't have to worry about.

I had to laugh... my daughter's finance.... looks at his MOM and says "MOM , I didn't know that... YOU are shooting at the range now... how did Dad ever get you to do that ? ".

Made me smile. Glad things turned out okay!
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

Good story!

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Hehehe, I actually had a similar incident. This time it was me that was shocked. My grandpa before he passed away one day was digging in a closet and said to me as I was helping him "Hold this" and hands me a rifle. I hadnt know it was there in the years I had spent with him. When it came to guns I had no idea my grandpa even had one, let alone it was in the closet of the room I was sleeping in when I spent summers down south with him.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

A family that shoots together...cares enough about self-preservation to stay together...

Sounds like a safe 'future' wedding for all who attend.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Good deal.

Sponsored Links