Got accepted into nursing school. - Page 3

Got accepted into nursing school.

This is a discussion on Got accepted into nursing school. within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I know that I am SUPER-LATE on this but Congrats! I am one year away from graduating for my RN. CPTMO is right on the ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Got accepted into nursing school.

I know that I am SUPER-LATE on this but Congrats! I am one year away from graduating for my RN. CPTMO is right on the intern part. Usually, after finishing Fundamentals or first year of nursing school, you can apply for internship or at least as a tech. Thats what I did. I am now a tech at a Neonatal ICU at Memorial. It not only increases experience but gives you runner-up for when graduating and looking for a job. Best of luck! PM me if you have any questions that I can help with.

Good deal, you do know that your job will require ore work and less pay than the Doctors you will work with?
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Distinguished Member
    Congratulations, I still remember the good care that my son received by the nurses when he was in the hospital, a good carrying nurse not only makes the sick feel better but also there worried family.

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    Good deal, you do know that your job will require ore work and less pay than the Doctors you will work with?
    Nurses care for their patients. Are there when you need an ear to shout at, when you need a shoulder to cry on, or when you need a hand to hold on to.

Doctors pull down your pants, violates you with his finger, and sends you a bill. All without even treating you to a dinner and a movie.

(J/K, J/K, nothing but love)

I just wanted to say, congrats!! I graduated from nursing school last May at the ripe old age of 32. I left a wonderful career in law enforcement to pursue nursing. It was a hard decision to make but it was the right one. The only advise that I can give you concerning school is Study,Study,Study and don't get caught up in all of the Drama! You'll better understand the drama part after you start classes. I went to the E.R. after graduation without any experience, talk about hitting the ground running!!

Very very nice. My congratulations and well wishes. May God use you in your quest to nurse and heal.
    2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

VIP Member
    Congrats and good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by skippythenurse View Post
    I am now a tech at a Neonatal ICU at Memorial.
    <--Tough job work Neo.

My brother in law is waiting for his acceptance letter for a lateral move between hospitals to get into the ER.

I'm late too but seriously WTG! Going through Nursing school to get my BSN is one of the toughest things I've EVER had to do! I can't IMAGINE doing it when I was a kid! The ONLY thing I dislike about the profession is ya can't carry at work :(

Congrats !

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links