Pastor gun fund

This is a discussion on Pastor gun fund within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Hey everybody, Miklcolt45 is going to be handling the funds and details for my friend the disabled Pastor to get him a Taurus M66 revolver ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pastor gun fund

Exclamation Pastor gun fund

Hey everybody, Miklcolt45 is going to be handling the funds and details for my friend the disabled Pastor to get him a Taurus M66 revolver with a 4" barrel. All inquiries should be sent his way since my Gastric Bypass surgery is looming ever closer on the morning of June 29th.

Thank you so much, everybody. God Bless you all!

Mods if this belongs someplace else, feel free to move it.
    Last edited by ExSoldier; June 16th, 2009 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Note to the mods
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

2. Remove Ads

ExSoldier, will be keeping you in prayer for a successful surgery. God bless.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Hi All,

I spoke with ExSoldier this afternoon and will handle the details to pick up a Taurus M66 for his pastor friend. I will have a running tab of who contributes and how much which will be checked by one of my financial people who is 'gun-friendly.' I won't be running it through the church, since I don't want to be outed to the entire Finance Committee that I have a Concealed Weapons License. I will also keep ExSoldier informed of where we are with finances and purchase.

By tomorrow, I should have a better idea of what the price will be.
    ExSoldier thinks that any additional funds should go toward some lasersights.

So far, jjkjr, Patti, 64zebra, Rob72, jamierah, rottkeeper and myself have indicated they are willing to help.

If you are interested in contributing and IF YOU ARE ABLE, just let me know here and I will PM you with address and who to make a check or money order out to.

Thanks for your generosity and concern. I am grateful every day for the wisdom, experience and compassion I witness on this forum.

Mike
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Count me in.

Biker

Count me in, do we PayPal you the cash or how do you want to handle that?
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

-Paco

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Same here, I'm in, too. I was also going to ask if you had maybe a paypal account set up, and we can just earmark the funds like "M66" or something? (Paypal gets weird when things look firearm-y for some reason.)
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Okay,

My little neighborhood candy store has a used S&W Model 66 with a 4" barrel in stock. It looks pretty good, a few blemishes, but nothing that can't be polished up to look real nice. It is tight, firing pin and bore look good.
    Circa 1970-71. I don't believe it has been shot a lot. Wood grips.
    Asking $425 plus tax.

Does all that sound reasonable?
    I tried to go on Bud's and gunbroker (really pushed for time this afternoon and evening), but didn't see anything really comparable.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Oh, up to about $180 in promised money so far.

Thanks all.

Albert Einstein

I'll help...PM sent.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Me too - PM sent. PayPal best. :)

We are up to $240.

Thanks, all.

Albert Einstein

Administrator
    These sorts of threads that solicit funds from other forum members need prior approval from Bumper before they can be posted.
    The only exception being members posting requests for charitable contributions that are paid directly to a known charitable fund or institution or organization.

Oh...OK you folks already have the Green Go-Ahead from Bumper.

No problem then.

Thread back open.

Much good luck with your venture.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    These sorts of threads that solicit funds from other forum members need prior approval from Bumper before they can be posted.
    The only exception being members posting requests for charitable contributions that are paid directly to a known charitable fund or institution or organization.

Oh...OK you folks already have the Green Go-Ahead from Bumper.

No problem then.

Thread back open.

Much good luck with your venture.
    Thanks. And, again, thanks to Bumper for allowing us to bless ExSoldier's pastor friend.

Albert Einstein

Yupper I'm still in, shoot me a PM as to where to send a check. I am leary of pay-pal for anything gun related.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    ExSoldier thinks that any additional funds should go toward some lasersights.
    If there is extra, I would also suggest ammo, holster(s), and training if available... and even a nightstand safe if he doesn't have one.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links