Any help appreciated. I'll do the same when I can.

This is a discussion on Any help appreciated. I'll do the same when I can. within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I hate to ask for for help. Never been good at it. Pride is tough to swallow. But now I've swallowed, and I'm asking. Here's ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Any help appreciated. I'll do the same when I can.

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar

Any help appreciated. I'll do the same when I can.

I hate to ask for for help. Never been good at it. Pride is tough to swallow.
    But now I've swallowed, and I'm asking.

Here's the story in a nutshell:
    Both my wife and I lost our jobs about the same time. We got behind. Now we're about to be evicted.

My wife started a job last week, but won't even get her first paycheck till next week. I finally have an interview tomorrow, but no guarantee yet.

My wife rides a scooter to work, good weather or bad. I have a motorcycle, but it needs work, and I don't trust it to go far, limiting the distance I can go out for interviews. The car is dead. Head gasket, at the least.

Rent is now a month behind, with a second month due tomorrow. If I don't cover the rent by the 14th, us the dog and the kitties are out on the street.

I've sold everything I can to keep the lights on and everyone fed. I'm out of stuff to sell. Heck, I'm down to an old CZ82 as my carry piece now just because I've sold all my guns of any value.

If anyone wishes to help out till we get over the hump you'd have my eternal gratitude.

In return, I promise that I will turn the good deed to others in need when we're safe again. I may even start a trust for folks in a similar situation, but that's something I'll have to figure out later.

Anyway, if anyone can spare ANYthing, even a dollar, I have a PayPal account tied to my email address: jwpetronella@gmail.com
    Or, if anyone wants to make a micro loan, PM me. I'll sign a contract to repay, as soon as I can do it.

It damn near kills me to post this, but I have to do whatever I can at this point.
    Thank you all and bless you for taking the time to read this.
    -JP
    "Don't Tread on Me"

2. Remove Ads

What would be the total to cover you for a month? That way we have something to go by. How many members, and how much each. What comes around goes around. We all feel it one way or another. I'm good for $20 max at this point come Friday 6-3-09 either way. If we get 25 folks to sign up on it, that would be $500. And if we get at least 25 folks to sign up for it, I'll up mine to $30 guaranteed. I'll always help a brother out when I can.

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    Do you attend a church? Most churches are always willing to help its members.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

RamRod,
    We're 1200 in the hole with rent. Car repair would be another 500 (est).
    Thanks SO much for even being willing to help a brother.

Re: Church: We're still pretty new to this town, and have checked out a few churches, but haven't yet settled on one, so no relationships there yet.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Do you attend a church? Most churches are always willing to help its members.

+1 on this,.. You know it may be a good way to get connected in a church?? I know my church has helped many in need that just came, Don't let that limit you,.. Pray about where God wants you connected and both of you step up to a commitment that is WAY bigger then this forum..

Per request:
    Address:
    JW Petronella
    1481 Woodland Cove NE
    Cleveland TN, 37311

By the way,
    I'm already overwhelmed that a few folks I've never even met care enough to help and/or send well wishes and thoughts.
    The quality of the folks here is why I spend as much time on this forum as I do.
    You guys are great.

It firms my resolve to reach out even more to others in need when I'm back on solid footing again.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Quote Originally Posted by Arko View Post
    By the way,
    I'm already overwhelmed that a few folks I've never even met care enough to help and/or send well wishes and thoughts.
    The quality of the folks here is why I spend as much time on this forum as I do.
    You guys are great.

It firms my resolve to reach out even more to others in need when I'm back on solid footing again.
    That's the thing that some in this country try to hide...and that is that American's are generally good people that are more than willing to help someone out who is in a tight spot, as long as they are working to pull themselves up too.

I should be able to help ya out a little, won't be much, but every little bit helps!!
    Smith & Wesson M&P9cCrossbreed Supertuck
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by TucAzRider View Post
    +1 on this,.. You know it may be a good way to get connected in a church?? I know my church has helped many in need that just came, Don't let that limit you,.. Pray about where God wants you connected and both of you step up to a commitment that is WAY bigger then this forum..
    I'm going to make it a point to get to the one we were thinking of on Sunday just because. Hard to go if you feel like you're there to "get" rather than give though. We're always the people trying to do for others. It's hard having the shoe on the other foot now for awhile.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Being out of a job with a family is horrible. BTDT.

I can't turn a blind eye to someone going through such a situation, if I believe the person is telling the truth. I believe you.

One never knows when one might be in the same situation.

I'm in. Wish I could do more.

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    I'm PMing you now...
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    Being out of a job with a family is horrible. BTDT.

I can't turn a blind eye to someone going through such a situation, if I believe the person is telling the truth. I believe you.

One never knows when one might be in the same situation.

I'm in. Wish I could do more.
    Thanks so much Grady. I don't believe in asking for something you don't need. I don't want the bad Karma.
    Hard enough for me to ask when I DO genuinely need help.
    -JP
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Just sent you a PM. Good Luck My Friend!
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

As Grady said. "I can't turn a blind eye to someone in that situation". I'll get a little something in the mail to you at the end of the week. Try to stay positive, It will all work out. God Bless.

You guys are awesome. Just knowing you guys are willing to help is improving my mood SO much.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

I sent you a Paypal.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links