Daughter injured in NJ - Page 2

Daughter injured in NJ

This is a discussion on Daughter injured in NJ within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Good Luck!! and my best to you guys!! Will be on my prayers!!...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Good Luck!! and my best to you guys!!
    Will be on my prayers!!
    "You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

NRA Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

Consider going up the East Shore of Va. then cross a small section of MD into DE
    Go to a gun shop and leave the gun to be cleaned. Pick it up on the return trip. My best wishes for your girl.
    Semper Fi
    Hugh

Prayers for you and the family.
    rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Sorry to hear about your sister. Hope she's good as new, soon!
    Do you know a lot about NJ laws? Seems to me that even having a lock box with a weapon while 'stopping' in NJ can create some BIG problems if discovered.

Stay armed...obey all traffic laws...stay safe!
    Hey retsupt, with your keen sense of all things how did you get "sister" out of his thread?????

Punishment, let see, no recess for 4 days

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Quote Originally Posted by SleepingZ View Post
    Hey retsupt, with your keen sense of all things how did you get "sister" out of his thread?????

Punishment, let see, no recess for 4 days

Z

Good luck and hope all is well, prayers sent.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Daughter is fine. I'll post some pics upon return. She has some nasty friction burns down her legs and bruising from shoulder to feet.

She had a terrible tread mill accident (she's 13). Tread mill was in a corner of the room and while she was running her cousin thought it would be funny to increase the speed. She went from 4mph to 12mph slipped fell and got stuck on the spinning tread.

everything was fine until she started losing feeling in her hands she was then rushed to the ER. Thus began our quick run up to Jersey.

As per my weapon problem. I have my G22 locked in a secure box under the rear passenger seat. And I am watching my speed VERY closely. I will rearm myself once we are in Virginia.

Like retsupt said "Stay armed...obey all traffic laws...stay safe!"
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

VIP Member

"Dead man switch?"

Quote Originally Posted by Dal1Celt View Post
    Daughter is fine. I'll post some pics upon return. She has some nasty friction burns down her legs and bruising from shoulder to feet.

She had a terrible tread mill accident (she's 13). Tread mill was in a corner of the room and while she was running her cousin thought it would be funny to increase the speed. She went from 4mph to 12mph slipped fell and got stuck on the spinning tread.
    Was there no "dead man switch" or other device to stop the treadmill when she fell?

Ours has a pull-off safety which gets attached to your belt. The second you trip it pulls free and the belt stops instantly.

Thoughts with you... stay safe. As mentioned above, your trip through NJ must be continuous... no stops (except, theoretically, for restroom). You may want to think about leaving you gun at an FFL before entering NJ, if your visit is going to be of any duration.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    If you pick up your daughter and leave NJ, isn't your destination truly home? Whether travelling North or South?
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Was there no "dead man switch" or other device to stop the treadmill when she fell?

Ours has a pull-off safety which gets attached to your belt. The second you trip it pulls free and the belt stops instantly.
    And that's a valuable lesson learned. The kill switch is not for decoration. It was there, she just did not have it attached to her. Luckily her cousin pulled it, just not fast enough.

Here is what happens when you do not attach the kill switch to yourself and you and your cousin decide to foolishly increase speed on a treadmill. Speed was maxed out at 12 mph.

We are back in NC. we spent the night in NJ with family then left late yesterday. Got home around midnight.

Thanks to everyone for their concern, it was touching to read all the post's, This really is a Family here as well.
    Attached Images

Wow that's gotta smart a bit, hope she heals fast. I think kids see these ''funny'' accidents on Americas Funniest Home Videos and don't realize how bad someone can get hurt messing around.

Good luck

rk
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    The thing is you don't even have to punish anyone; punishment was already handed out.........I'm sure the cousin feels bad.....Its a shame kids have to learn the hard way.....reminds me of some on the things I survived.....
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    The thing is you don't even have to punish anyone; punishment was already handed out.........I'm sure the cousin feels bad.....Its a shame kids have to learn the hard way.....reminds me of some on the things I survived.....
    Her cousin, Lorianna took it worse then anyone. She was truely freaked out and upset. I'm sure that's all she needed to learn this life's lesson.

My daughter, Caitlynn is walking around stiff legged and will be a few days until pain is gone. Thankfully there is Tylenol with Codine and I don't believe their will be any scarring.

Just glad we are all home safe and sound.

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Poor Caitlynn, those photos look really painful! :( I'm glad she is okay and recovering though. Tell her get well soon please. Why did she lose feeling in her hands, though? Did they check that out and make sure she is ok?
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links