Rest in Peace, I love you Trinity

This is a discussion on Rest in Peace, I love you Trinity within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your Trinity. I'm sure you will always keep her in your heart. I had to put ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rest in Peace, I love you Trinity

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your Trinity. I'm sure you will always keep her in your heart. I had to put my 17-yo cat "Evee" to sleep several years ago. She suffered from a form of feline cancer. It was one of the most difficult decisions I had to make. I cried for almost 30 minute in the exam room after the vet put my baby to sleep. The vet's staff was very understanding. I wasn't the same for quite a few weeks. The other cats noticed the difference in me as well. They mourned in their own way.

In time the pain you feel now will become more manageable. Give it time!
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

2. Remove Ads

Sorry to hear. Ive been there as well. Hang in there.

I'm so sorry , I had to do the same thing a few years ago with my 12 yr old ridgeback .
    It hurts , but it helps to remember what a good friend and great dog he was.
    It will get better .
    We live in a society where pizza gets to your house before the police

I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

I lost my cat of thirteen years unexpectedly after a brief illlness in February -- even almost six months later her loss still feels raw to me.

My thoughts are with you today.
    b
    NRA Life Member | NRA & MADFI Instructor | Blog | Twitter | Facebook
    My views are my own - they may or may not reflect those of my employer.

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Thoughts and prayers, Sejune. It's incredibly diffucult and heart-wrenching when you have to help them over the rainbow bridge, but as time passes, it slowly hurts a little less and less. I'm so sorry to hear about Trinity. *hugs*
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Yes, it's truly hard. I empathize. Many people do not realize how attached one can get to a dog.

My furry pal is 10. He's had Lyme disease twice. He hobbles a bit, but still enjoys life, and I enjoy my time with him.

-
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Sorry for your loss, I dont have a dog but I have lost one of my birds... was very hard...

Sorry to hear of your loss. I've put down a few pets over the years. It always hurts, but you love them and always remember them and then, one day, out of the blue, you see another little darling that just steals your heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Sejune View Post
    Yesterday was one of hardest days in my life. I put down my best friend, my first dog, who loved me unconditionally, protected me day and night, she was always eager to please me, and was always desperate for love and affection. I will have a pain in my heart that will forever hurt. I had to put her down far sooner than I had ever imagined. I miss you and love you terribly, Trinity. I don't know how I'll ever get past this, and hope I never do.
    I had to put my Samdog down three years ago, he was the best friend I ever had and I think about him every day. We use to go bird hunting a lot. I still catch myself reaching down to my left knee to pet his head, but he's not there. I miss him terribly and I often think I was not worthy of being his companion.

RIP my friend, i will meet you at the Bridge
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

Thank you everyone for your kind words, and I appreciate you sharing the Rainbow Bridge poem with me. It was comforting. We rescued Trinity from the local humane society, and she picked me, being the only puppy who showered me with licking :) We were best friends. She went to work with me every day for years, but it was obvious from her days as a pup, we were going to have problems with her hips. She suffered from hip dysplasia that only got worse despite our efforts, and unfortunately her pain grew into aggression. She was NEVER aggressive towards me, but it was directed towards our other rescued dog, and my 4 year old daughter. She never bit her but was beginning to growl at her when she came near. Her pain was obvious, as she never laid in one spot for any length of time due to discomfort, winced and whimpered when she would get up from laying down. She slowed down a lot, especially for only just being 6 years old. Then, last week she went after our other dog, and proceeded to attack her within 1 foot of my daughter. By the time it was over, my daughter was screaming, my other dog was bleeding from 4 different spots on her head and neck, and there was blood from the living room to the kitchen. It was a terrifying ordeal for me and my daughter.

I spent a few days discussing my options and weighing out the decision that laid before me. After crying and talking with my Vet, he agreed that it was best to put her down, to end her pain and end the growing aggression. It was horrific to hold my dog in my arms as she left, but she deserved for me to be with her and cry with her as she left me. She was a great friend, obedient and so very loving towards me and wanted nothing but to please me....God I miss her.

I have a sincere hope that I will see her again, with her inquisitive eyes looking back at me, and licking my face again with that blue tongue of hers. Again, I love you Trin.
    Sejune
    Glock 30 .45
    Springfield XD 9

Quote Originally Posted by Sejune View Post
    Thank you everyone for your kind words, and I appreciate you sharing the Rainbow Bridge poem with me. It was comforting. We rescued Trinity from the local humane society, and she picked me, being the only puppy who showered me with licking :) We were best friends. She went to work with me every day for years, but it was obvious from her days as a pup, we were going to have problems with her hips. She suffered from hip dysplasia that only got worse despite our efforts, and unfortunately her pain grew into aggression. She was NEVER aggressive towards me, but it was directed towards our other rescued dog, and my 4 year old daughter. She never bit her but was beginning to growl at her when she came near. Her pain was obvious, as she never laid in one spot for any length of time due to discomfort, winced and whimpered when she would get up from laying down. She slowed down a lot, especially for only just being 6 years old. Then, last week she went after our other dog, and proceeded to attack her within 1 foot of my daughter. By the time it was over, my daughter was screaming, my other dog was bleeding from 4 different spots on her head and neck, and there was blood from the living room to the kitchen. It was a terrifying ordeal for me and my daughter.

I spent a few days discussing my options and weighing out the decision that laid before me. After crying and talking with my Vet, he agreed that it was best to put her down, to end her pain and end the growing aggression. It was horrific to hold my dog in my arms as she left, but she deserved for me to be with her and cry with her as she left me. She was a great friend, obedient and so very loving towards me and wanted nothing but to please me....God I miss her.

I have a sincere hope that I will see her again, with her inquisitive eyes looking back at me, and licking my face again with that blue tongue of hers. Again, I love you Trin.
    I don't think there is any "getting over it", and thats okay. I miss samdog every single day, but I don't dwell on it either. There are just to many happy memories to be sad for long. We were together every single day for 14 years. Everyday was a new adventure with Sam-the-Wonder-dog (ya, thats what I called him on occasion )

remember the good times, keep him(her) in your thoughts and your heart. For the last couple of years when I thought of Sam, It would bring a tear of sadness to my eye, now when I think of him, it brings a tear of joy and a smile, we did have a good time together

seeya Sam, if you come across Trinity welcome her and keep her safe
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

I know how you feel when you loose a dog you have had for a long time. I had a German Short Hair with the same problem and had to put him down. It's just like losing A kid. I'm sorry for your lose.

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    It's still heartbreaking, but you have to know that you did everything you could for Trinity, Sejune. And in the end, you did the kindest thing for her, to ease her pain. She's still watching over you now, just from a different place, and she's not in pain anymore. You did her a kindness for that. Run free, Trinity.
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

VIP Member
    I feel your pain, been there a few times myself, hang tough!

I am so very sorry for your loss..There is nothing more that I can say that hasn't already been said by others here. I've been there...I just watched the Rainbow Bridge video and ALLLL of my past memories of beloved pets came back and flashed before me. As I post this I am crying like a baby, but this too will pass and a new day will unfold. My thoughts are with you my friend. RIP Trinity.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links