American Soldiers ARE NOT Heroes

This is a discussion on American Soldiers ARE NOT Heroes within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by patrickemtp mi2az, I'm hoping that there will be a time when their life depends on a soldier. But let me say this.. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: American Soldiers ARE NOT Heroes

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickemtp View Post
    mi2az, I'm hoping that there will be a time when their life depends on a soldier. But let me say this.. if the soldiers actually knew who this scum was. I wouldn't count on them getting any protection..
    Later
    But unfortunately they'll hide behind their anonymity and end up being protected nonetheless.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    The irony here is that as long as soldiers (all branches) do their job well, these pukes will never see the threat, they will never witness first-hand the necessity for the military and, therefore, will never change their opinion.

These people have time to dress up a FB page, but apparently are too busy to do any thorough research behind the drivel they're parroting.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Respectfuilly, I'm not willing to believe every U.S. soldiers is a hero by default. It has come to mean a person noted for special achievement, and in that way, I believe the word hero is used to often, and IMHO, the better term might be patriots (and in no way does that imply something less than hero, it stands on its own).

Patriot: A person who vigorously supports and loves their country and is prepared to defend its authority and interests against enemies or detractors. Hero: A person noted for feats of courage or nobility of purpose, especially one who has risked or sacrificed his or her life.

Understand if we don't see eye to eye. I'll agree many veterans and patriots over there or back at home are heroes, and every soldier who gave their life to the service of this nation should be honored that way.

Quote Originally Posted by EW3 View Post
    It's best just to ignore idiots and let them learn for themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    ...I'm all for letting it stay up. Let them show themselves for what they really are...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    ...my vote would be to let people make fools of themselves. We need to see the rantings of nut-jobs in order to understand that they exist amongst us. If we limit their ability to get the message out, they become a hidden radicalized group. If we let them vent, they dwindle in numbers and disappear because most folks have better sense...
    +1

Who cares if it is there. There are many groups on facebook I would never join. As others pointed out, it is good to know who the idiots (expatriots) are that would join the facebook group.
    Last edited by Thanis; August 9th, 2009 at 11:10 PM.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

Thumbs up Hero oh yes they are

If it was not for the men and women in the past and present, then all them bleeding hearts and other people who ***** about our soliders would be living in a lot worse off conditions then they presently are. I have a nephew in Germany, who fought in Iraq and a nephew who is presently or in Alfghanistan and hell yes there both heros. And I am damn proud of both of them.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by highvoltage View Post
    But unfortunately they'll hide behind their anonymity and end up being protected nonetheless.
    I take it you're not real familiar with Facebook.

Since it's a social and political networking site, the great majority of members use their real names.

Overall, there are not that many anonymous users there.
    "I've run across shooting after shooting where the defender shot a violent aggressor with a .380 and did little to immediately stop his depredations. A good hollow point load in 9mm or .38 Special will, historically, end lethal assaults more quickly."

~ Massad Ayoob

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links