Rest In Peace Captain Crunch - Continue to Pray for the Family

This is a discussion on Rest In Peace Captain Crunch - Continue to Pray for the Family within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; We have no assurance of a tomorrow. May the Lord give you a peace that is beyond what could be explained by the world. One ...

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace Captain Crunch - Continue to Pray for the Family

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    We have no assurance of a tomorrow. May the Lord give you a peace that is beyond what could be explained by the world. One thing is that God will not take us home one minute or one minute late as to our appointed time. May his crowns be many.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    What do you say when a guy you mostly argued or debated with passes away? I'm not sure.

Even though the Captain and myself sometimes were a good example of oil and water, its hard to deny that the man was a wealth of knowledge and experience worthy of the Captain title. I'm going to miss him, and we only had a very small piece of him here at DC. I can only imagine the loss that his family is feeling.

My thoughts are with the "Crunch's". I hope you stick around Pvt.
    "Just blame Sixto"

My condolences to Captain Crunch's family and friends. He was a great contributor to our community here and he will be sorely missed.

Senior Moderator
    I have just found out that we lost Capt'n.

I am speechless at this time

I will miss him
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

I am so sorry for the loss of the Cap'n and to his family may God be with them. Prayers are going out. he was a wealth of knowledge and will be sorely missed.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

May the Lord grant peace to you, Pvt. Crunch, & to your family during this time of mourning. Lam. 3:21-23

But this I call to mind,
    and therefore I have hope:
    The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
    his mercies never come to an end;
    they are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness.

RevDoug

I am so sorry for your loss, and my prayers are with your family. His presence here was felt every time I logged onto this site, and his insight was invaluable. I had hoped to meet him one day as my parents live in the same area, which my family hopes to move to in the next few years. I am sorry I won't have the chance, but I look forward to meeting him in Glory.

God bless you, keep you, and comfort you.

In Christ,

Jeremy
    Sejune
    Glock 30 .45
    Springfield XD 9

Administrator
    You will be greatly missed Captain Crunch.
    Especially in the Private Staff Area of the forum where the news of your passing has left us all with a truly sad and shocking mental image of a now empty chair around our virtual round-table of close friends.

I always called you Capn' rather than Terry and most of my correspondence with you consisted of: "Good Job Capn!' & Good Catch Capn!' & Good Move Captain!" as you were always on the "ready-alert" for threads that were posted in incorrect locations and rule violations that you believed were not in the best interest of the forum.

Bumper was always famous for clicking on your reported posts and giving you a simple...Thumbs Up! of appreciation.

Your tireless and daily effort remains greatly appreciated by the moderators and the Administration of DefensiveCarry.

During those times "behind the scenes" when we had the opportunity to joke around and have some jovial fun in P. Staff you were "right in there with us" and we are all a bit richer for having known you and having you be a part of our team.

And during those other times when our discussions were much more serious your input was highly valued. We certainly did benefit from the "Down To Earth" wisdom of your greater years and life experience.

I know in my heart that you loved being an integral part of the inner workings of DefensiveCarry.

Back when it came time for Bumper and the DC forum staff to choose and vote for new forum moderators ~ you were my pick, my nominee.
    We voted you in with a "YES VOTE" and we can now look back and know that we made a super-fine choice.

It was always obvious that you loved being here every bit as much as we loved having you here.

We only knew you in a limited way through our forum and yet we are feeling such a deep and profound loss.

God saw you getting tired, When a cure was not to be. So He wrapped his arms around you, and whispered, "Come to me."

You've made some good friends and you will always be fondly remembered here.

Rest In Peace Captain Crunch.

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    A noble heart is gone from our midst. May he find eternal peace and happiness.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Lead Moderator
    My thoughts and prayers go out to Terry's family.

We will all miss Terry , both out here in the public area, and even more so by those of us who had the privilege to both know and interact with Terry in the "back" room.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

My condolences to all. May the Lord give peace to grieving hearts.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

VIP Member
    R.I.P. Cap'n.

You will be missed and remembered.

Thoughts and prayers to all your many friends and family.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

VIP Member
    Peace, Cap'n, and rest secure in the knowledge that the world is a better place for you having been in it.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

My heart goes out to Cap'n's familiy and I'm saddened by our loss. Terry will be missed.

JT
    My condolences.

You'll definitely be missed around here, Captain.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Links