Rest In Peace Captain Crunch - Continue to Pray for the Family

This is a discussion on Rest In Peace Captain Crunch - Continue to Pray for the Family within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Pvt Crunch The esteemed Captain Crunch, my dad, my hero, my best friend, rose to a better place today at 3:15 PM ...

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace Captain Crunch - Continue to Pray for the Family

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Crunch View Post
    The esteemed Captain Crunch, my dad, my hero, my best friend, rose to a better place today at 3:15 PM Montana time. He went in peace and was in no pain. He left us all too soon. He had so much to teach us all, and I know I only got a thimbleful of it. We told him daily of the thoughts and prayers that you all were sending him and he was truly appreciative of it all. I am definitely no Captain, but I look forward to joining you all here and doing my very best to keep his candle burning brightly. Since I have lost my mentor, I hope that I can learn a few things from his friends and colleagues. He thought so much of all of you. I dedicate my time on this forum to his memory. Every time I log in here I will think of him.

My family and I would like to thank all of you for the thoughts and prayers you have sent our way. Heaven now has a new Range Master in town. The Lord God couldn’t ask for a better man for the job. May he keep the peace until we all eventually see the Captain again.
    I'm sorry I am late to this. I didn't really know your father but I know that people here will continue to miss him.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

NRA Member / Ohio Conceal Carry Instructor
    CHL Holder

2. Remove Ads

So sorry this is late in coming, I am saddened to hear the news of Terry's passing. My own mother-in-law passed away the 17th and my wife and I have been busy at the hospital and now funeral home and cemetery. Terry and his family will be in our prayers.
    God bless our troops!

Lead Moderator
    Sorry to hear about Terry's passing. He will definitely be missed.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Assistant Administrator
    Just got off phone with dr_cmg who kindly called to let me know the sad news. Well - despite not being here much these days I still feel I have lost a friend, as I guess many do.

My heartfelt condolences to Rich and the family ....... this must leave a huge gaping hole for sure. I am however glad to have had the privilege shall we say - of having known Terry, even if just thru this medium. I know one thing for sure, he was dedicated here to doing the best he could as a moderator and put in a lot of time to add a more than valuable help to the forums.

Rest in Peace Terry - gone but certainly never forgotten.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    I got a PM from Paula (Mrs. Crunch) today. Rich and his family have returned home. Please remember Paula especially at this time.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg View Post
    I got a PM from Paula (Mrs. Crunch) today. Rich and his family have returned home. Please remember Paula especially at this time.
    The family will certainly be in our prayers.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

I just saw (and read) this thread, and am deeply saddened at the news.
    In my “education” here, the Captain played a significant role, I know I am a better man and am more able to provide SD and protection to MY family because of the wise (and sometimes very direct) advise I received here directly and indirectly from the Captain.
    My prayers will still be for Paula, Rich and the whole Crouch family to find God’s peace now and continuously until reunited.
    I personally will be looking for the Captain at “the feast of the Lamb” when I am called home.
    I am setting aside 21 rounds of .45ACP to “salute” the Captain the next time I go to the range.

God bless Terry.
    And may God bless Paula, Rich, Gina and Jaden.

~elk
    It’s so much easier now days, to "Love and honor" my wife, when she is armed, and shoots a better group than I do. (Till death do us part, eh?)

“The way you get shot by a concealed weapons permit holder is, you point a gun at him,” the Sheriff said.

Oh, I just heard the news. Been fighting malware for 3 days.

Paula, Rich, and family, thank you for taking the time to keep us informed during this difficult time. I'm so sorry to hear of the Captain's passing.

As a testament to the Captain's involvement in this forum, as of 3 days ago, he was still the top thread starter for the month, even though he hadn't been online for several days. He was very involved, and he will be missed.

Rich, I'm glad to hear you are going to be carrying the Captain's weapon as you protect your family. What an honor.

Bob and Terry's place--I like the sound of it.

I owe the Captain a debt of gratitude for his work on this forum where I have learned so much. Paula and Rich, my family is safer tonight, and their future safety is impacted, because of the Captain's efforts and his work on this forum. Thank you for sharing him with us.

Our condolences to your entire family. He will be missed.

prayers to the family.i just now found out.i learned a lot from the captain,he will be sorely missed.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.”
    ― Thomas Paine

VIP Member
    Just found the update...I'm sorry to hear of the Captains passing. My condolences to the family... we have lost a great friend....
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Our prayers are with y'all, the family...
    May God comfort you & heal your broken hearts.

Rest in Peace Capt.

God Bless.
    CRIME..... LAW DEFINES, POLICE ENFORCE, CITIZENS PREVENT!

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: [1] SOAP [2] BALLOT [3] JURY [4] AMMO!

Distinguished Member Array old grunt's Avatar
    REST IN PEACE. Did NOT "know" the Cap'n, but remeber enjoying his posts and support to newbies on the site. My best to the family.
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

I just came across this. My sincere condolences to the family.

-- Jonathan
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

VIP Member
    Don't know how I missed this. My sincere condolences to and prayers for the family.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Links