Rest In Peace Captain Crunch - Continue to Pray for the Family

This is a discussion on Rest In Peace Captain Crunch - Continue to Pray for the Family within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm quieter than many here, but I remember when we lost Bob, and I hate that we've lost Terry, too. We are, indeed, a community ...

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace Captain Crunch - Continue to Pray for the Family

I'm quieter than many here, but I remember when we lost Bob, and I hate that we've lost Terry, too. We are, indeed, a community - a body of words conveying mind and spirit. Built, in part, by people like Bob and Terry. As any community, we feel grief for our fallen.

When I was in isolation, waiting at the top of the list for a transplant that might not come, and I was running out of time and still no match, every now and then Terry would drop me a quiet note of encouragement. I so wish I'd had the opportunity to return the favor. I kept a candle burning throughout his last trip to the hospital, and as it turns out, for a week after he was gone. The path to Divine Providence needs no light beyond its own, though.

My condolences to Terry's family. His unique blend of humor, experience and wisdom will be missed. Benjamin Franklin once said, "Wish not so much to live long but to live well." Terry lived well, but not long enough.

Here's to you, Terry.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

2. Remove Ads

During the first week of July I posted my intentions of coming to Montana on vacation and asked for advice from anyone who might know what a vacationer might want to do while in Montana. Terry PM'd me and provided me with links to several sites that were very helpful when we came and spent our two weeks visiting that wonderful State.
    One thing he cautioned me on was to hold my speed down while driving through his home city of Columbia Falls due to it being a "speed trap." We passed through there four times on our trip and each time we went through I remembered Terry's advice and I deliberately slowed down to avoid getting a ticket.
    Thanks Terry for your advice on what to do and what not to do when we came to Montana. Though we never met in this life, I beleive we will in the next. May God grant grace in this time of loss.
    Raising children is like being pecked to death by a chicken every day.

I can't believe this is the first I've heard of this, I am so sorry for your loss. Mrs. Crunch, pvtcrunch, the Captain will be surely missed. I wish we could have met in person. My prayers will be with you in this time of need.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Wow,

Very saddened to hear this news. My thoughts and prayers go out to Paula, Rich and family. Like many others, I never met Terry personally, but we did have several interactions via DC.com and I always felt I came away a better person because of them.

He will be missed.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    I'm surprised I missed this. My condolences to you and your family. He will always be remembered.

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Dang, I am just now reading this. I try to stay away from this part of the forum, because it is so tough to see friends, all be it over such a distance, go through times of pain and suffering.

I am so sorry for your loss. I am so sorry that his presence will no longer be here, even if in the pass it has been to electronically cuff me on the ear for being out of line.

Take care Captain. Rest in peace in a far better place.

Take comfort Captain's family. Even though his physical presence may not be here, he will always be with you in spirit.

Sincerely,

Jesse
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

God bless all of you. You're what makes this country great.

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    I've only been on DC rarely this year. Just playing catch-up and see this very sad news.

My condolences to Captain Crunch's Family and Friends, his loss here will be sorely felt.

To his Family, remember and cherish those memories and stay strong for each other. My thoughts and prayers go out to you.

VIP Member
    My gosh, I feel horrible for not getting into this area of the forum more than I have lately. Please forgive me.
    I was so shocked to see this in here tonight and I read the whole thread all the way through.
    The Captain will be missed by all.

To Pvt Crunch: I lost my dad to a 10 year battle with cancer and he left this world way too soon. He taught me all I knew about weapons, defense, living right, and was my mentor. He also taught me that God is in control no matter how bad things may be and that He can get you through anything. You and your family have my thoughts and prayers as I know it is difficult.
    I'm glad you've joined us here to carry on what your dad instilled in you.
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Oh no... I hate to come back after a brief hiatus only to find this out. My thoughts and prayers are with his family... he will be missed in this life.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Northwest part of God's Country in Montana
    I feel terrible. I knew Captain Crunch personally, albeit not as well as I would have liked to, and this is the first I ever saw of this thread on here!!
    The Captain, myself and several others would meet on a monthly basis at the local Perkin's restaurant, everyone carrying of course, and hold what we called our 'Cuss & Discuss'. Captain Crunch made it all the better! His humor, knowledge and general attitude were always appreciated when we were all together.
    We talked a fair amount over the phone (still can't bring myself to delete him from my phone). He was always willing to add a joke in where it was needed or add in some greatly-appreciated advice! Even helped me when I needed some reloading information!

Pvt. Crunch, Mrs. Crunch, words escape me at this moment when I think of him. He was and still is a wonderful man. I know this is quite late, but please accept my heartfelt condolences. I wish I would have noticed this place sooner so I could have said something sooner.
    I too, recently lost a family member, and am still learning to deal with it during this time of year. My heart goes out to all of you during this Christmas Season!
    In a crisis you don't rise to the occasion but rather default to your level of training!

Forgiveness is between them and God, it's my job to arrange the meeting!
    -John W. Creasy (Man on Fire)

Although it's been ten months, I'd like to give my condolences to the Crunch family.

I was a 2-year member here before going 'off-line' for 21 long months and having just returned, I was saddened to hear of the loss of the Dear Capt'n. The first thing that I emailed Bumber when I asked him to reset my password was What happened to the Capt'n? I greatly enjoyed his thoughts on all of the matters in which he contributed his wisdom and insight.

I hope and pray that Grace and Peace has been extended to both of you as well as your entire family during this most difficult of time and will continue indefinitely.

Eric
    Babyhulk
    NRA Life Member since 2010

Like babyhulk, I have been away from DC for awhile. I am saddened to hear of CC's passing. He was a fountain of knowledge IMO. I hope his family is handling the loss as well as can expected.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    I just joined earlier today, I obviously didn't get the chance to meet him and I know it's been 2 years but I hope the family is still doing OK. It's really sad to see someone who was clearly a wonderful person pass away. Wishing you the best. I'm really sorry for your loss.

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    I noticed the forum list of todays birthdays.

Remembering Terry ... gone but not forgotten.
    RKflorida, JD, QKShooter and 6 others like this.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Links