My sad story about Amy - Page 2

My sad story about Amy

This is a discussion on My sad story about Amy within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I am sure others have read this and not replied because they can't find the right words. I don't know how to express such sorrow ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My sad story about Amy

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    I am sure others have read this and not replied because they can't find the right words. I don't know how to express such sorrow over the loss of someone so young and full of promise. My wife and I will pray for the family. The good Lord is watching over Amy and I pray he watches over and assists her family and friends get through such loss.

DM2
    I'll be praying for you and the family. The loss of any loved one is a difficult thing and the difficulty of losing a child so young has to be multiplied exponentially. May God's peace surround you and Amy's family and may God bless you and your wife for exemplifying the true definition of friend.
    DM2
    "I did the thing I feared the most. Excuse me while I cheer. Now here I stand a stronger soul and all I lost was fear." ...Anonymous

VIP Member
    Prayers sent for all.
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

VIP Member
    May the Lord strengthen the family and give them peace. May He strengthen you and your wife as you minister to the family and bless you for your concern.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

ppk,

I have been there. It is the hardest, most draining thing one can do.
    In seminary, they impressed upon us that every funeral you do reminds you of your own mortality, and will tear a little piece of you away. I find that to be true.

So, take care of yourself and your wife. Get some away time. Talk if you need to. Cry when you need to. Laugh when you need to.

Above all, thank you for blessing these peoples' lives by caring about them and for them, and making a difference. They may not know it now, or be able to express it now, but sensitive, caring actions like yours really do help.

Bless you and your wife.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

I've had to perform that job way tooooo many times .. and understand how difficult it is. "Compassion" is the key word. Sounds like you were a good choice to do the notifications.

VIP Member
    Another sleepless night.........here I am. We're doing okay, I think the family is doing a bit better, they had a lot of company this evening, though they still have a lot of hurdles. We're committed to help them cope with their grief as much as we can, and we'll be there for them after all the company has left too.

After reading all of these responses, I can only say that collectively it is about the nicest thing I've ever read from a bunch of "gun guys" (well not all guys, but mostly).

Thanks for all of your responses, it's nice to get a boost while enduring difficult times.

God bless ya'll
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Bless you for being with them, for transporting the grandparents, for being a quiet foundation for them to rest on in this most difficult time.
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

Sorry to hear about the loss of a child, my prayers go out to you, your wife and the little girl's family.
    God bless our troops!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links