Prayers for Mr and Mrs ExSoldier

This is a discussion on Prayers for Mr and Mrs ExSoldier within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Prayers sent for both and they will be in our thoughts!...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Prayers for Mr and Mrs ExSoldier

Prayers sent for both and they will be in our thoughts!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

Ex:

Tomorrow is my wife's 5th anniversary from her double mastectomy. Today the Oncologist said that she's fine. Keep the faith!
    When seconds count, help is minutes away!

Ex, you and your wife will be in our thoughts and prayers.
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

Prayers sent.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Lightbulb Update! Surgery was today

It was a three HOUR operation and the Docs said they've never seen any operation go so well. The margins are clear and well defined. There appears to be no lymph node contamination.

They're waiting for the lab pathology to come back to call this a 100% unqualified success, but it's looking very good right now. The labs will take a week or so. She still has to endure 6 weeks of radiation 5 days a week but NO chemotherapy and there will be preventative meds for 5 years. She'll come home from the hospital tomorrow around noon and have a chance to rest some. That's what she'll need, too: REST. Thank you so much for your prayers they made the difference they REALLY did. Just a little bit more on the pathology for the lab work.

I'm exhausted and numb. Thank you ALL for your prayers ... And for your friendship.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar
    Oustanding! Praise God from Whom all blessings flow. He answers prayers. I'm so pleased to hear things went well. Stay strong and positive, my friend. The prayers are still going up.
    Gonzo
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

Great news about the distinct margins! Hopefully the followup labs will be clear, too.

Happy to hear the positive news. .
    God bless and rest assured that those of us here at the SgtD Bunker will continue to pray for a full recovery.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

It sounds very good Sir. Happy to hear the preliminaries are so positive. Early detection is the key and looks like no lymph node involvement is great news!

Course of treatment is certainly not going to be a picnic so I hope she gets a some decent rest.

I think the news you just got regarding the how the surgery went and what they saw is truly the first time you both have had a chance to sigh and take a deep breath since this whole thing started.

You know you both continue to be in our prayers every day and I am very happy to hear that things went so well!

Hang in there buddy and please give your wife our warm regards!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Administrator

Thumbs up

Glad that it all went so amazingly well.
    I know that is a huge weight off of your mind and hers.

Good rest plus good healthy food and pure clean water.

That should help speed up recovery.

That is excellent news,I know you are relieved
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Ex, we are glad to hear the surgery went so well. You will both still be in our thoughts and prayers.
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

Exclamation Update!!!

We went to the surgeon today (prior to her visit with her Oncologist who will handle her treatment for the long haul). Her Oncologist is named Dr. Grace Wang and she and Cathy were in Elementary, Junior High and High School together! She is supposed to be DAMN GOOD, too. Cathy is ecstatic about this.

However, the news is not all good. The DETAILED pathology has come in. Cathy is estrogen negative but something else was positive and the cancer is of a variety that is particularly virulent and fast growing. This means Cathy is going to have to undergo 4 and a half months of Chemotherapy of one type and then another long stretch of a different and newer type of chemo that specifically targets this type of issue. PLUS radiation. She is going to lose all her hair. The first part will require she have a port inserted into her chest. There will be eight treatments once every three weeks. The second string will be IV transmitted once a month over a long period of time (a year I think). She may feel nausea but there are now drugs that can help with that. At some point she'll get a wig from a guy all the cancer patients use near the South Miami Breast Center. Some kind of amazing artist who now specializes in these real human hair wigs. Gotta get them shampooed once a week like real.

She has made a connection to a local support group called (ahem) BOSOM BUDDIES and she has a CARE GUIDE that will be assigned to her by the Breast Center to help her navigate thru some possibly confusing and turbulent times ahead. This care guide will be somebody who is about Cathy's age and somebody who has gone thru what she will be going thru. EXACTLY. She is greatly relieved about this.

This was a pretty BIG shock for her and me. But I kept my cool. She didn't need me to be a wreck. She was already quivering and she needed me to COWBOY UP. I did and I will. WE WILL GET THROUGH THIS ... AND ... SHE WILL BE FINE. As she herself put it to me a few hours ago: She thought that because the surgery was a success and it was so small a tumor her recovery was going to be short and sweet. Now it's still going to be sweet but it will be a long and winding road. She'll never be alone not so long as I breathe and Jesus is her savior which of course, HE IS!

That's all I have. As soon as I know more, you'll know more. Thanks for all your love and prayers and good thoughts. You guys are the BEST!
    In HIS grip, Jim (ExSoldier)
    Last edited by ExSoldier; October 1st, 2009 at 11:14 PM. Reason: format
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

cmb
    we will be praying... may God's grace through Christ and His love give you strength!

Thanks for the update.

And now the battle is on.

What can I say not having lived it? I suspect you two will grow closer than ever before as you go through this chapter in your lives together. Your priorities will sharpen, and you will experience more of living than those of us who just slog through our days on the daily grind.

May you both have peace as you pick up your swords for battle.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links