Donation in memory of Terry Crouch (Captain Crunch)

This is a discussion on Donation in memory of Terry Crouch (Captain Crunch) within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The savings bond for Jaden has been purchased and sent on it's way to him. We had a total of $950 in donations which bought ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Donation in memory of Terry Crouch (Captain Crunch)

DC Founder
    The savings bond for Jaden has been purchased and sent on it's way to him. We had a total of $950 in donations which bought $1900 (yes, that would be one thousand nine hundred dollars) in series EE savings bonds which are sold at half face value.

Where else among the anonymous residents that inhabit the vast pages of the World Wide Web could that much be gathered for the grandson of someone we had never actually met in person? Truly a grand tribute to the family atmosphere we have here.

The forum would like to thank each and every one of you that donated towards this cause as does Jaden and his family. You are all great!
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

2. Remove Ads

Bumper I am stunned! That is awesome! I was thrilled to donate for this cause, but sincerely wished I could have done more!

You are right in that DC.com is a unique place on the web.

You created this place Sir, and you should take heart and great pride in what you have created here in your little corner of the world.

I posted before that to a lot of people... This forum is like a home for some. A sanctuary for others. And for others still, a University of sorts where we can learn and discuss a grim subject with respect and camaraderie sharing a common bond with people we have never met before. And do it with civility and respect.

It is a unique place. Captain Crunch, I believe saw this place as all of that, and definitely left his mark here. He will be missed for sure but not forgotten.

I am proud we had something substantial to pass along to his grandson.

Thanks again for the opportunity Bumper! And thanks to all your staff here. They work hard, and it does not go unnoticed!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Administrator
    Absolutely a great gathering of people here.
    Some of the very best of the best folks in the United States are right here.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links