Donation in memory of Terry Crouch (Captain Crunch)

Donation in memory of Terry Crouch (Captain Crunch)

This is a discussion on Donation in memory of Terry Crouch (Captain Crunch) within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; As most of you know from this thread , Terry Crouch, known on the forum as Captain Crunch, passed away on August 16th. "The Captain", ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Donation in memory of Terry Crouch (Captain Crunch)

DC Founder

Arrow Donation in memory of Terry Crouch (Captain Crunch)

As most of you know from this thread, Terry Crouch, known on the forum as Captain Crunch, passed away on August 16th. "The Captain", as those he touched often called him, had been a member of the forum since December, 2004 and a moderator since May, 2007.

Vigilant in watching over the forum, he always seemed to be on duty. I never met him face to face, I never even had the pleasure to speak to him on the phone, but got to "know" him through emails and PMs. I regret now never taking the time to give him a call. As a forum owner, he was a moderator I could depend on; unwavering in his duties and responsibilities to the forum. As someone I considered to be my friend, he was also unwavering in his ethics. With him gone, we have a void in the forum, but many of us have a deeper void within ourselves. He will be missed, but every day we will be reminded of him when we visit "Bob & Terry's Place."

For the days since Terry's passing, staff has been discussing donating towards a charity or cause in Terry's behalf. One thing that stood out to us was his love of his grandson Jaden, the little boy in Terry's avatar. The little boy that will not have the opportunity to learn more from the wise grandfather we knew Terry to be. He was very proud of him and would frequently post in the staff forum when he had the chance to spend time with him. After much discussion between ourselves, and after consulting with Terry's wife Paula, we settled upon purchasing a US Savings Bond for his grandson.

To begin with, we were going to do this among staff only. But after hearing from several of you wanting to do something as well, we decided to open it up to our members. We will accept donations from our members and staff for the next week. At that time we will close this thread and purchase the US Savings Bond(s). The forum will round the total up to the nearest available denomination and see that Jaden gets it. His father, Rich (Pvt Crunch), a recent addition to our membership, will hopefully convey to him the impact his grandfather had on all of us.

If you would like to donate by PayPal, you can do that by sending it to rwiley@cox.net or, if you would rather send a cash or check, you can PM Copperknight here and request his mailing address. Please do not use the forum donation link. If you want to use PayPal, just log in to PayPal, click "send money" and use the email address above. At the end of the donation period I will send the total received on my end to John (Copperknight), who will purchase the bond.

I very much appreciate all of the PMs and email I have received the last few days from our members and I know the Crouch family does as well.

Regards,
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    I'll donate a Kustom holster, Highest bidder gets it. Staff can handle the details.

VIP Member
    I like the idea, and it's an especially good one for the savings bond for Little Crunch.

I'll be taking care of Paypal on my end today. Thanks for doing this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    On behalf of myself and Mata Hari, it would be an honor to make a donation in memory of Captain Crunch and Family. Our thoughts and prayers continue. PayPal sent.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Kustom View Post
    I'll donate a Kustom holster, Highest bidder gets it. Staff can handle the details.
    Class act Rocky.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

Great idea.

Forums such as this reflect the concern and attention of the moderators and staff. I've yet to find another that consistently matches the quality of this one.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Pure Kustom View Post
    Thanks, Rocky, we appreciate it. If you want to bid on the holster, please do it in this thread. The highest bidder at the point we close the thread next week gets it.
    Bumper

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    I'll start the bidding at $50 then for the holster.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

I'll bid $75.00 for the holster Rocky
    Thanks for the opportunity
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

My new friends & family here,

Words can't even to express my thoughts about this kind gesture. After reading this thread, today was the first day in two days and I broke down and had a good cry. It was needed and we all thank you for your thoughts. Little Crunch (I LOVE that nickname...Pop would be proud!) and his mom arrive home tonight. I'm sure we will all enjoy a good cry and a group hug tonight once we are all reunited.

Once again, I can't tell you all how much your thoughts, prayers & support have meant to our family during this difficult time. I will definitely be contributing to this bond, for the benefit of my son, and in memory of my dad. God Bless each and every one of you.

Great idea for the savings bond. I'm in.

The bid for the holster is now $100.

VIP Member
    This should be a sticky.

The bid is now $125.00
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

VIP Member
    Contribution made, just wish it could have been more.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Crunch View Post
    My new friends & family here,

Words can't even to express my thoughts about this kind gesture. After reading this thread, today was the first day in two days and I broke down and had a good cry. It was needed and we all thank you for your thoughts. Little Crunch (I LOVE that nickname...Pop would be proud!) and his mom arrive home tonight. I'm sure we will all enjoy a good cry and a group hug tonight once we are all reunited.

Once again, I can't tell you all how much your thoughts, prayers & support have meant to our family during this difficult time. I will definitely be contributing to this bond, for the benefit of my son, and in memory of my dad. God Bless each and every one of you.
    It IS what friends are for. Your Dad meant a lot to us and his grandson, meant a lot to him. It all makes perfect sense....
    Bumper

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Contribution made, just wish it could have been more.
    It's the thought, not how much you give that matters. We appreciate every penny and I'm sure Jaden will, too.
    Bumper

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links