A little sad today....

This is a discussion on A little sad today.... within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; he is with you in everything no matter what...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A little sad today....

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    he is with you in everything no matter what
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

2. Remove Ads

I miss those "debates" I had with mine.... lol. The point I got to with it was.... it's life circle, and we have to all deal with it at some time, sooner or later. I still think of things I wished I would have asked my parents, said to my parents or done with them. There is never "enough" time, but appreciate those we did have. We did a lot. Our kids will have face this at some point as well.

However, who I was closest too was my mother and grandfather. I lived with him for a time, and spent all the time I could with him. He taught me how to shoot, hunt and fish, work on & fix things, etc. We did all of them, all of the time. He died when I was 16 yrs old.

Keep the memories alive. It's good that you have them.

VIP Member
    Thanks everyone, much of what you are saying has occured to me over the past two years, still doesn't make it any easier. My step-mother (Dad's third wife, and the best mother my brother and I had, she was the main reason I was able to go to college) stuggles much more, but at least she's out living and not staying home crying. Growing up my Dad was tough and in my twenties we did not see eye to eye about many things, I was much more liberal then, parenthood and 9/11 changed that. I always repspected his knowledge and his intergrity. We took him back to Norfolk VA, were they lived after I left for college, moving from Northern VA. He worked for the Navy, he was a forensic auditor with Navy Audit, even got a mention in a book by a retired navy SEAL commander after my Dad's team did an audit of one of the SEAL teams toprove to congress that the funds to maintain constant readiness was indeed necessary to continue. I am very proud to be his son. Again thanks everyone, I woke up this morning thinking of him, but not sad like yesterday.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links