Yet another loss

Yet another loss

This is a discussion on Yet another loss within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I just returned from Richmond Virginia late last night. I had planned to visit my mother, who had just gone in a nursing home. She ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yet another loss

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar

Yet another loss

I just returned from Richmond Virginia late last night. I had planned to visit my mother, who had just gone in a nursing home. She passed away the day before I was scheduled to leave, so I got there for visitation and the funeral. I had planned to stay 5 days, but had to extend it to 12 due to the amount of stuff that I had to do as executor. I was anxious to return to be with my family, my wife, my cat, and our African Sun Conyer. Tweeter loved to sit on my shoulder, it was her favorite thing, and I liked it too. When I got in at midnight, Tweeter was sitting in her food cup, and didn't look well. I had my wife get the carrier, and we took her across town to the only late night vet who saw birds. She was in critical condition, breathing rapidly. We were warned that she might not make it through the night, and arranged for the "Pet Ambulance" to transport her this morning to her regular vet. I called her vet when I woke up, and she made it through the night. The vet was to call me back, but was taking a long time so my wife called back. Tweeter was doing better, but then developed respiratory distress, and died. Now, I know that so many of you who post in this section have lost loved ones, people, who meant so much to you. But Tweeter meant just as much to us. The joy and love that she gave us was just incredible. In a way, I feel worse about her than I did about my mother. AT least my mother was 88, an 8 years survivor of lung cancer, who had a long and good life. Tweeter was only 3 years and 3 months old, a mere babe in bird years. We both loved that bird so much, and we will miss her. We've been crying all afternoon since learning of her death, and I don't think we'll stop soon.

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Squawker,
    I'm very sorry to hear of the loss. Pets truly are family.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Senior Moderator
    Very sorry for your loss. Losing a beloved pet really hurts. Been there, done that.

Hang in there.
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Senior Member Array 2ndsupporter's Avatar
    Sorry for your loss! Pets are not just something we feed and clean up after! They become a family member and it is hard when we loose them!
    [One Nation Under God]

VIP Member
    Sorry for your loss Squawker.

Thought I'd share this with you. It's more for dogs and cats but still has some relevance.

The Rainbow Bridge
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    I am sorry for your loss
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

My condolences for the lost of your feathered friend. It's amazing the impact animals can have on us and our lives. They can be the bright spot on a rather tough day.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Sending prayers your way, the loss of a pet is as hard to take as family, wait, they are family.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    I'm sorry to hear about Tweeter. As others have said they are more than animals that we take care of, they are family members. They give so much, and ask for so little. When the time is right add another family member. A couple of years ago my wife and I lost two of the sweetest kittens you would ever want to come across. About a year later we were blessed with another kitten, Harley. He turned the house upside down, being the house clown. There are times when he does things the two we lost did and it seems they are here with us acting through Harley. Those who don't have pets don't understand those who do. Those who have them are blessed. We are blessed with and by them. Take care of yourself and know we are here for you.

Prayers are with ya brother

I fell for ya brother, pets are family too. They have an ability to brighten your day more so than humans and they ask for nothing in return.

God Bless, rk
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

I'm sorry to hear of Tweeter's passing.

I lost my cat of 13 years back in February and still mourn her -- your family will be in my thoughts tonight.

B
    NRA Life Member | NRA & MADFI Instructor | Blog | Twitter | Facebook
    My views are my own - they may or may not reflect those of my employer.

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    Pets are special. They never hold a grudge, love you unconditionally and so effectively fill any empty space in your heart. I know what you're going through.
    Wait awhile out of respect for your little friend and then find a substitute (no such thing as a replacement) who will fill that empty space. There are so many wanting to do so. Farewell Tweeter.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Thinking of you...losing pets is not an easy process...sorry to hear about it.
    Take care,

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    My condolences. Pets are family. Sometimes more than family. Hang in there and don't worry about being emotional. You have taken two massive hits and you need to release.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links