Funeral for a Vet today!

Funeral for a Vet today!

This is a discussion on Funeral for a Vet today! within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I did a funeral service for a Vet today! He served with the 101st Airborne. 3 tours of Nam in Special Ops! One of the ...

Funeral for a Vet today!

I did a funeral service for a Vet today! He served with the 101st Airborne. 3 tours of Nam in Special Ops! One of the first Green Berets to enter Nam. What a guy!

We get to the grave side and there is the Honor Guard. I completed my part with Scripture and Prayer and then the Honor Guard starts folding the flag. Just prior to that though, you know what took place! The Honor Guard salutes the Flag draped casket and about half way across the Cemetery, just out of sight, another Honor Guard member plays taps! That is just more than I can handle no matter how much I try to prepare for it. Of course if the family hasn't lost it by now with grief and pride, taps pushes you emotionally over the edge.

Only God knows what he and other Green Berets, and other infantry members went through but to live through 3 Tours when a life expectancy probably was in the neighborhood of about 7 Minutes is a Miracle in itself.

Thank you for your service to you country sir. Thank you for answering a call to do things nobody should ever have to do but for Freedom must be done. Thank you for being and All American! Thank you for proudly defending the Constitution of the United States of America against all Enemies, both foreign and domestic.

Thanks to all the Vets on Defensive Carry for you part in Freedom and Character of America that honors the Founders to Whom Freedom was non-negotiable! Thanks to all those on Foreign Soil for your love of Freedom and have VOLUNTEERED to Stand for and defend what so few even in high places State Side seem to comprehend is a God Give Right!

I'm Proud to be an American where at Least I know I'm Free. And I won't forget those who died and gave that right to me. And I will still up next to you and defend her here today. God Bless the USA!

I messed up the lyrics bad but you get the idea! Thanks to all in Uniform today and all to all those to whom the bugle has sounded. We Salute you! Thank you So very much! May God Bless you and Keep you Safe!

Boze
    Boze
    "If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to, this is the last stand on earth." Ronald Reagan

"Gentlemen, Prepare to defend yourselves" SGM Basil Plumley

"I'm Proud to be an American where at Least I know I'm Free. And I won't forget those who died and gave that right to me. And I will still up next to you and defend her here today. God Bless the USA!"

God bless our vets.

The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    "I'm Proud to be an American where at Least I know I'm Free. And I won't forget those who died and gave that right to me. And I will still up next to you and defend her here today. God Bless the USA!"

God bless our vets.

Amen from another thankful citizen.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

No matter if its a friend, family member or loved one. That really hits a nerve hearing the sound of taps.

I know you had to feel it being there. Its good to hear kind words and support from you.

Take care.

VIP Member
    Thanks, Boze.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

May he finally have the well deserved rest he earned,John Wayne in the"Green Berets" really shed some light on what the special forces was all about
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

God bless every man and women who serve or who have served our great country.

Every freedom we enjoy as Americans, we do so because of them.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Links