My neighbours wife passed away suddenly today.

This is a discussion on My neighbours wife passed away suddenly today. within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Getting ready for work this morning I hear a bunch of sirens in the area. As we live about a hundred metres away from a ...

VIP Member

Getting ready for work this morning I hear a bunch of sirens in the area. As we live about a hundred metres away from a major traffic artery I thought nothing of it as it is a frequent sound. Looking out the window I see a fire engine parked down the street, lights flashing. Going out to my car I see two ambulances in front of my neighbours house. We've lived in this house for about five years and while we don't know Dave and Mary well, we consider them as friends. He's retired and she worked shifts at a local health care facility. Mary loved our dogs and would sneak treats to them.

I ask the fireman out front what's going on and he informs me that it's a medical emergency. I ask if it's him or her (I don't expect him to know their names) and he says he doesn't know. I can't stay so I go back inside and grab Mrs. GB. She comes out and we find out that their children are already there. We respect their privacy and give them their space.

Mrs. GB phones me about an hour later and gives me the news. It was Mary, and she didn't make it. She had a heart attack, gave a last breath and was gone.

Their children live a couple of km away and we've never spoken to them before. I track down their number and give them a call to give them our condolences. I also give them all of our contact numbers in case we can be of ANY assistance.

They tell me that Dave has asked to be left alone at home and they are going to respect his wishes. Dave is.............different and has some issues upstairs. He tried to commit suicide a couple of years ago and we are all worried he may try again.

Neither of us have spoken to him today and we don't know what to do.

Thanks for reading this.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Will pray for them.

I would give him my condolence and inquire about how he is doing.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

RMS
    Prayers sent.

My prayers and good thoughts go out to Dave. I am a widower myself and was left with two small boys at age 38! I know exactly what he is going through. If it wasn't for my friends, acquaintance, and neighbors.....I don't know what would have happened. I was pretty bad off!

Take care of him!

-e

Prayers Sent

Lost my wife 2 years ago dec, Not an easy thing even though we knew it was coming,, Prayers sent.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    If Dave has some issues, I would check in, use the excuse of if he needs anything, but do check on him.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Quote Originally Posted by tradermike69 View Post
    Lost my wife 2 years ago dec, Not an easy thing even though we knew it was coming,, Prayers sent.
    Pm me!

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    Keep an eye on Dave make up any excuses you can think of. Bring over food he'll be thankful even though he may not act it. Prayers sent.

Quote Originally Posted by Stetson View Post
    Keep an eye on Dave make up any excuses you can think of. Bring over food he'll be thankful even though he may not act it. Prayers sent.
    Defiantly! I didn't eat for three days! Just bring it and leave it. He will eat it when he's ready!

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    If Dave tried suicide before this may be the stressor that pushes him to try again. He needs someone close to remind him that Mary would want him to live his life to the fullest, that he should not give up on life. I'm with Rugergirl, stay close to him, tell him you are there if he needs anything. I lost my mother in Jan. 2002 and my dad just seemed to quit living and passed in June 2002. Watch Dave closely, and let him know he is not alone.

Sorry to hear this...I'll add this to my DC list.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    If Dave tried suicide before this may be the stressor that pushes him to try again.
    That was my first thought.

I hope they had a lot of good years together.

I hope his kids don't lose two parents in a very short period of time.

Links