Cardioversion for Atrial Fibrillation

This is a discussion on Cardioversion for Atrial Fibrillation within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; As I have mentioned in other post, I have been diagnosed with Atrial Fibrillation -- which explains a lot of my health / lack of ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Cardioversion for Atrial Fibrillation

VIP Member

Cardioversion for Atrial Fibrillation

As I have mentioned in other post, I have been diagnosed with Atrial Fibrillation -- which explains a lot of my health / lack of energy problems of late.

Monday, I will be going into Roanoke Memorial Hospital for electrical cardioversion to restore a normal heart beat. Cardioversion is considered a relatively safe / low risk treatment and I don't anticipate any problems. If all goes well, I'll be sending a "All went well" follow-up report toward the end of next week.

Just wanted to let folk know, what's happening and ask for thoughts and prayers.

dave
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    DaveH,
    I hear the same thing, that it is a piece of cake. Nothing much to worry about.
    But it the fibrillation does need to be stopped.

I'm sure your doc has you on anti-coagulants and may well keep you on them after the cardioversion. If you are using coumadin, contact me by private message and I may be able to give you some thoughts that will help.

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Best wishes friend!
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Thoughts and prayers go out to you.

Good luck.
    nerdyvirgin likes this.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    As I have mentioned in other post, I have been diagnosed with Atrial Fibrillation -- which explains a lot of my health / lack of energy problems of late.

Monday, I will be going into Roanoke Memorial Hospital for electrical cardioversion to restore a normal heart beat. Cardioversion is considered a relatively safe / low risk treatment and I don't anticipate any problems. If all goes well, I'll be sending a "All went well" follow-up report toward the end of next week.

Just wanted to let folk know, what's happening and ask for thoughts and prayers.

dave
    As a biomed in the field I can tell you that medical tech is really advanced and the equipment they use for procedures is incredible. Devices that will practically diagnose a patient problem! Its the stuff that makes a complicated procedure low risk.

I hope all goes well for you, you are in my prayers
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

good luck

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!

Best wishes! You're in my thoughts!
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

Senior Moderator
    Best wishes, and look forward to your "all is well" report afterwords.

I've did more than a few cardioversions as a paramedic, and it really is a safe, straightforward procedure.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

VIP Member
    My sister just did the same thing last year. We called it a 'reboot'. It is a routine procedure, but given that they will stop and restart your heart, it's nothing to take too lightly.

It was a quick and easy procedure and she's had a new lease on life with energy levels that she had long forgotten! She's been mostly in rhythm since then but will likely go in for an ablation at some point.

Prayers sent.

This is a relatively quick, common, and painless procedure with good results....nerve racking nonetheless. Good luck....will keep you in my thoughts!
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

RMS
    Prayers sent.

Best wishes

VIP Member

Follow-up report -- Not quite "All went well"

--- but still not too bad.

The electrical cardioversion failed to restore a normal heart rhythm So, I am the proud new owner of a pacemaker and on a new cocktail of better living through chemistry -- based primarily on Tikosyn .

I'm still having some paroxysmal atrial fibrillation.

I'm home now and we are in a trial period of the better living through chemistry cocktail -- 1) to see if I can tolerate the Tikosyn and 2) if it will resolve the paroxysmal atrial fibrillation.

Here's hoping!

Will keep you informed.

Thanks for the prayers, thoughts, and well wishes.

dave
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

I hope it work works wonders for you, your in my prayers.

Good Luck, rk
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links