Divine Intervention???

Divine Intervention???

This is a discussion on Divine Intervention??? within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Hi everyone, Been gone for a day or so, my 79 yr old dad had a heart attack on New years day, @ around 3:50 ...

Thread: Divine Intervention???

VIP Member

Divine Intervention???

Hi everyone,
    Been gone for a day or so, my 79 yr old dad had a heart attack on New years day, @ around 3:50 Pm. Me My wife and four kids and my oldest sons girlfriend were just arriving at the movies in Chesterfield. My sister calls me and says she just talked to my mom in West Branch Mi.
    and found out that they had just come in from the cold, after being out for 10 min. and he collapsed in the foyer to the breezeway and the stairway to the house and garage. He remarked to her "geeze that cold air really does a number on my lungs" and slumped back almost falling toward the basement.,but she grabbed his coat. She set him on the step, and tried to rouse him but to no avail. She dials 9-11 and tells them what happened,and a sheriff patrol got there 2-3 min. later, with EMS 2-3 min. after that, got him to the hospital there after stabilizing as best as they could. My brother got his wife and two teen sons together and on the road, my sisters family got together, and I got mine together as well, and headed up that way as the doctor in ER @ West Branch said its not looking good you all need to come ASAP, And that they were life flighting him to Bay medical in Bay City, 1 hour closer to where we were coming from.
    As of right now the puminoligist ,and his heart doctor, say time (48) hrs. from noon on Sat will be the starting point. tests so far indicate that he has no hemorrhaging of the brain so far, didn't have a stroke, and they want to just let his body rest and remain calm so that when they start the neurological tests they will give good indication as to whether he sustained any brain damage from (if) any loss of oxygen.

Please remind everyone that you know, not just those who are elderly, or persons with asthma, ETC,, to COVER your face when you will be out for more than a minute, it is not good to breath this frigid air for long durations.
    The Pulminoligist said the cold weather PROBABLY brought about an inevitable heart attack, which in this case turned out to be a Godsend, because my mom was to leave early Saturday , and not return until Sunday. If he was alone he would have been a goner for sure!!
    Keep Poppa Joe in your thoughts
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Prayers sent - and thank you for the reminder about cold air!

Prayers sent, I hope all goes well and Dr.'s can treat the cause of his attack.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

I hope the best for your father.

Man, did that bring back memories. I went out to clean snow off of car windows one morning and after 15 minutes, I had to sit down and was breathing so hard.... and I was in good shape. I knew my mother was going out that morning and hoped she didnt' get out in it.

She did........ and they found her dead sitting in the vehicle while it was running. One neighbor got concerned because he saw her cleaning the windshield off and then he went in, when he came back out 20 min later she was inside of it... but it was still sitting there running in the driveway. She was gone.

Take it easy folks, or make sure if you have older parents, etc... that they do.
    It's not worth dying for.

VIP Member
    Praying!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

VIP Member
    Prayers sent for your dad and your family... Hang in there...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

I will add this to my DC list...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Prayers sent.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Prayers sent!
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" J. Buffett

VIP Member
    Done and continuing
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    That was good oneshot.... Please keep grandpa in your prayers everyone he is very special to oneshot and myself... Grandpa I'm praying for you.
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Prayers and positive thoughts sent to Grandpa, get well soon.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

RMS
    Prayers sent

Sponsored Links