Prayers needed for an ornery patient

This is a discussion on Prayers needed for an ornery patient within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; You guys rock, that's all there is to it....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prayers needed for an ornery patient

You guys rock, that's all there is to it.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    If it makes you feel better, I have a friend who also had both knees replaced. She is far better off now, and even runs marathons.
    Modern medicine is fantastic.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Prayers going up! Stay positive...
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Prayers sent, best of luck. I hope that you are able to return to martial arts. You have wonderful plans, I would hate for you not to be able to see them through.
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" J. Buffett

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Paco - Rott beat me to it my friend. I'm sorry also for the MA/SD world has been my life for a good many years and my knee problem stopped me from partaking in the MA portion actively so I moved to mainly the SD part and haven't missed a beat partner. You can still teach my friend, use the mind, use what you know, the legs are just 1/4 of what you are in TKD, use the other 3/4s and teach and fulfill what you set out to do.

You said you wanted to teach TKD to kids with disabilities, well my friend, what a better way for them to learn then to learn from someone with a disability so to speak if you get my drift here.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

VIP Member
    Following up on what Guardian wrote, there is an active thread here about the use of canes for SD. Hoping of course that you rapidly get to where you never need one, take this as an opportunity to learn the cane techniques --- then, you can incorporate that into what you teach disabled kids about SD, TKD, etc. Turn your disappointment into a goal of improving the lives of others, act on that objective, and you will lead a rich and fulfilled life.

BTW-- teaching disabled kids SD tailored to their individual capabilities seems like a high calling. Best wishes.

Paco,
    Don't give up on teaching TKD. We have quite a few folks here in and around Denver (USTF) that have had knee and hip replacements that are still active. Just can't do SOME things but CAN also do other things! As General Choi (TKD founder) said-"When you can't teach with your body, you can teach with your mind". Sounds like you have great goals-find a path to reach them! Prayers to you!
    "Good decisions come from experience;
    experience comes from bad decisions"

Distinguished Member
    Paco, just finished praying that you would see God in all of this. You seem right on the money. It's true, compared to some folks, you are blessed. Yet, we are where we are and it's legitimate to grieve the loss of a dream. I have been active physically all of my adult life and, though not as dramatic as your loss, I have had enough injuries/operations to severely limit my physical motion. Half marathons and 10K's are now walks with the wife. Powerlifting is a very modest Nautilus workout twice a week. No sports, no climbing, no backpacking. BUT, everything "works", just slower. Walks with my wife has changed our marriage. I have found a great hobby/skill in defensive shooting. There would have been no time for that when I was "healthy". "The outer man is decaying while the inner man is being made new." So, my intrusive sermon is to genuinely grieve what you have lost but to look expectantly for what the future holds.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links