Back to the classroom I go!

This is a discussion on Back to the classroom I go! within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; After a few years of working not so good jobs and either being terminated from them or having my hours cut back to the point ...

Thread: Back to the classroom I go!

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar

Back to the classroom I go!

After a few years of working not so good jobs and either being terminated from them or having my hours cut back to the point that it wasn't worth going to work I decided to head back to school.

I cannot do what I really want to in life which is get into law enforcement due to a long term injury that I sustained many years ago. So I decided to enroll in Charter College (I believe campuses in only two or three states) and take their Medical Billing & Coding program. The reason being is because I know the medical industry will always be in demand and they need doctors, nurses and the people that deal with the billing side of things. That is where I will come in and once I graduate I will have a job that is easy on my limitations. The program is 15 months long so it should be many days, weeks, and months of figuring out codes.

Wish me luck everyone!
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    Congrats on your new adventure. Sounds like a good choice to me.

Starting over (so to speak) is a tough road, but with hard work and dedication, it will pay off.
    Good luck, work hard!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Good luck and good decision; after not finishing my Batchlors degree due to a knee injury that knocked me out of the Marine Corps' OCS and flight school I went back and finished after 25 years.

You can do it, best to you.

My Mom does medical coding. She gets to work from home and just has to go the office once a week. Also some places will pay you by the chart instead of hourly. If you're good at it you can make more money getting paid per chart. My mom opted for this.

I recently decided to go back to school too.
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

Good luck with your new venture.
    Jp

VIP Member
    Good luck subnine,

We'll be rootin' for you!!!

Its good to have a plan. You have one

If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Best wishes SubNine, hang in there, as long as you don't give up, things will work out.

VIP Member
    I have a niece that does medical coding. I think you need to be able to type fast but there is demand for it and yes, she also works from home most of the time.

Sounds like a good move for you.

Best of luck!
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    Smart choice, there is a lot of money flowing through medical billing...

Good luck. Maybe you can help me understand how to utilize all the proper benefits for my parents. Man it is a mess!
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

Good luck in your studies.

The time goes by fast. After getting out of the Marine Corps I spent about 5 years selling real estate here in Michigan. Those who live anywhere else in the nation do not really understand how "bad" the recession can really get until the live in Michigan. The end results was that it pretty much became the place where Realtors go if they want to endure their own personal hell.

I made the decision over a year ago to move myself into an online business that isn't so dependent on the local economy. I learned how to set up websites, and that's going all right but I also decided to go back to school by using my GI Bill.

Wrapped up my first year this past Wednesday. Now I've only got another four to go. In any case...the time goes by pretty fast.

Wishing you the best of everything. Keep up the good work, and don't forget to pat yourself on the back every now and then.

Links