Brigade Gun Leather feedback... - Page 10

Brigade Gun Leather feedback...

This is a discussion on Brigade Gun Leather feedback... within the Brigade GunLeather forums, part of the Site Sponsors category; I love the leather work and the look of the M-11. I was going to buy one while in Afghanistan but didn't want to risk ...

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Brigade Gun Leather feedback...

M-11

I love the leather work and the look of the M-11. I was going to buy one while in Afghanistan but didn't want to risk the APO and postal service while over there. Sad to see orders aren't being taken now that I am back.

Troy, any idea on when you will start taking orders again. I know that there will be a wait involved, but I am excited to get one started!

Sponsor

Brigade GunLeather Gun Holsters

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRaider View Post
    I love the leather work and the look of the M-11. I was going to buy one while in Afghanistan but didn't want to risk the APO and postal service while over there. Sad to see orders aren't being taken now that I am back.

Troy, any idea on when you will start taking orders again. I know that there will be a wait involved, but I am excited to get one started!
    Thanks, DesertRaider.... it will be several months, unfortunately, before I resume taking orders for gun holsters. It is bitter sweet for me not to accept orders at the moment. Over the last 17 years I have had to shut down taking orders about 6 times now. I am basically a one man leather shop, I have a woman working part time to help with some emails, billing, shipping, shop clean up and other easy task however, all the leather work is done by me. I have tried to get 5 past employees to help do more work but just couldn't get the quality leather work I needed, like the tight stitching, boning of the gun to the leather, wax burnished edges, final fit and so on. Anyway, please send me an email to notify@brigadegunleather.com and you will be put on a list that will absolutely keep your place in line as though you placed an order (without the details) and when I resume you will hold that spot and no one can jump ahead of you. Rest assured I am literally working 15 hours per day 7 days a week to ship as many of leather gun holsters as possible. It's a struggle but I am fairly young (40) still and will work hard to reduce the wait times and back log as quickly as possible. Thanks again.
    Last edited by BrigadeGunLeather; December 17th, 2012 at 08:22 AM.
    Brigade GunLeather maker of custom holsters
    www.brigadegunleather.com

Custom 1911 pistolsmith Custom 1911 Pistols
    www.harpcustom.com

troyharp@brigadegunleather.com

Please contact me via phone or email for any leather holsters status or questions, thanks. 1-888-600-2377

Sponsor

Here are a few gun holsters that shipped recently. I have shipped out a lot of leather holsters this week and have lots more on my bench finishing up as well.

Working late tonight, as usual trying to get as much leather finished as possible.

custom ostrich leg gun holsters

Custom exotic ostrich leather belt

Custom Crocodile leather gun holsters

Brigade M-5 Aspis Suede Lined Crocodile Gun Holsters

custom crocodile leather belt
    Last edited by BrigadeGunLeather; December 17th, 2012 at 08:30 AM.

www.harpcustom.com

Please contact me via phone or email for any leather holsters status or questions, thanks. 1-888-600-2377

Sponsor

A recent members leather gun holster and IWB mag pouch. I liked the way your custom leather gun holster turned out. I snapped a photo of it as well. Thank you very much for your comments and I hope you use your leather often.
    IWB Holsters for a 1911 3" pistols done in Black Ostrich Leg Skin, Antique White thread
    Last edited by BrigadeGunLeather; December 17th, 2012 at 08:25 AM.

www.harpcustom.com

Sponsor

Another recent shoulder holsters with Burgundy Crododile.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by BrigadeGunLeather; December 17th, 2012 at 08:23 AM.

www.harpcustom.com

Thumbs up Holster arrived !

I'm a happy man, as my holster arrived today.
    My order was made in Nov.2011, and while I knew the wait times were long, I never hesitated to order.
    I'm glad I did made the order.
    The quality of the holster is superb. Even if I have just order the 'regular' M11, I still find Troy's work a work of art! I never saw this quality in any other holster. Thanks Troy!

I like to share some pictures of my holster for the Glock 27:

Wow, that fits the Glock nicely and even that "regular" M-11 has some great detail. How does it wear with that sub-compact? Looks like it will conceal quite nice and comfortable!

DesertRaider,
    I guess it's a bit soon to do a review, I just received the holster. However, after one day wearing it, it sure is a improvement over the one I bought a year ago. I got this cheap frontline holster, just to cover the wait till I would receive my M11.
    At first, I was abit reticent about the extra leather on the M11. I tought it would be to big for such small pistol. After just one day wearing this M11, I realy know why the extra leather is needed for comfortable wearing. No more poking the muzzle end of the holster into your hip (buttock). I tought a smaller holster would be more comfortable, but that opinion is wrong.

Below some pictures of the Frontline holster with the teflon lining. One year of wearing this holster shows the cracking of the teflon lining, and doing more damage to the gun as good.

Last edited by SlugGunner; November 1st, 2012 at 09:35 AM.
    bmnbmn likes this.

I recently placed an order for a Vegas Belt, IWB Pouch, and an M-11 Hardcore Holster. I had talked to Troy, and he was a standup guy. He did tell me an approximate wait time, and it is a long way away.
    An economy is a management of resources to avoid unnecessary expenditure or waste. Simply taking what we need from the earth and building the best possible product. I see this wait as a great sign.
    You can clearly see the evidence of hard work on his hands in the pictures of his website.
    It is rare to find anyone who is not willing to reduce quality to increase productivity. Troy seems to be a man who sticks by his quality and produces the best possible product he can. I absolutely respect that!
    It's going to be one hell of a wait, but I know I will be more than happy when it does arrive.
    Not to mention, the prices are very reasonable.
    So for people asking whether they should or not, and wondering if the wait is too long, ask yourself when the last 'quality' product was that you purchased.. Exactly :)

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by SlugGunner View Post
    DesertRaider,
    I guess it's a bit soon to do a review, I just received the holster. However, after one day wearing it, it sure is a improvement over the one I bought a year ago. I got this cheap frontline holster, just to cover the wait till I would receive my M11.
    At first, I was abit reticent about the extra leather on the M11. I tought it would be to big for such small pistol. After just one day wearing this M11, I realy know why the extra leather is needed for comfortable wearing. No more poking the muzzle end of the holster into your hip (buttock). I tought a smaller holster would be more comfortable, but that opinion is wrong.

Hi, SlugGunner.... I appreciate your feedback. Yes, the extra curved leather at the bottom really helps not only the comfort but also it acts like a stabilizing wing that forces the grip in as the hips and buttocks try and push out the bottom of the leather holster, the pivot point being the belt line. I appreciate you and your business very much.
    Last edited by BrigadeGunLeather; December 17th, 2012 at 08:25 AM.

www.harpcustom.com

Sponsor

Brigade Gun Leather Holsters

Hi Mark, thank you very much for your comments. I truly appreciate the words of quality. It is true I dare not sacrifice quality over quick work or production. Yes, I take a beating sometimes for my excruciating long wait times and I even build my leather holsters to the best of my ability even though I could make a better living taking short cuts. I just figure that you have to make a choice, quality or production.

All I need is to be happy with the family, make enough to make ends meet and make it out of this world someday knowing I always did my best work.

Having shut down taking orders to get my wait times way more manageable... you were the second to the last order I took.

Again, thank you very much for your words and THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE TO THE COUNTRY.

Below are a couple of photos of gun holsters that will be a similar look to your order, Black with the antique white thread....

Last edited by BrigadeGunLeather; December 17th, 2012 at 08:27 AM.

www.harpcustom.com

Sponsor

Brigade GunLeather Order Status

I am working on finishing another large group of gun holsters and custom leather holsters in my shop right now.
    Since shutting down my order taking I am slowly but surely working on getting my back orders more caught up.

Just to let all know I am working 7 days a week 8am to 10 pm to do my best to get finished with as many orders as possible. Eventually I will be caught up.
    If anyone on this forum has a back order that they have a question about....please contact me at forummember@brigadegunleather.com so I can ensure your order is on its way. Several members have already contacted me and I am feverishly working on getting as many as possible off my bench with the best quality I can. Thank you for reading. I look forward to your email.
    Last edited by BrigadeGunLeather; December 17th, 2012 at 08:28 AM.

www.harpcustom.com

I'm anxiously waiting on my opportunity to order my first holster and mag pouch from Brigade GunLeather, from what I could tell by the great reviews found here and first hand observation I know the wait is well worth it. I look forward to doing business with you.

Sponsor

Brigade Gun holsters

Quote Originally Posted by jrep21pr View Post
    I'm anxiously waiting on my opportunity to order my first holster and mag pouch from Brigade GunLeather, from what I could tell by the great reviews found here and first hand observation I know the wait is well worth it. I look forward to doing business with you.
    jrep21pr...

Thanks for your post. It is true that in 2011 and 2012 I got overwhelmed with orders once again. In the last 17 years of making leather custom holsters I have had to shut down taking orders 6 or 7 times. I have tried to hire good workers and have had 6 employees but couldn't keep the quality and too many mistakes were being made. So, it is just me, working as hard as possible to get caught up, I will get caught up :-) It may kill me in the process but at least I will be caught up before taking new orders. Anyway, I appreciate your time writing and have a good new year.
    Last edited by BrigadeGunLeather; December 17th, 2012 at 08:33 AM.

www.harpcustom.com

Mark, quick update... after your post I realized that I had not charged you for the leather belt you added to your order, before it shipped. I had only charged you for the holster. Anyway, there will be a seperate charge for the belt appearing in a day or two. Thanks and in the future I will make sure you get 10% off on any future order for your super kind patience. Just make sure you call the order in so I can offer you the 10% off. Thanks, Mark.
    -Troy
    --------------------------

My holster was ordered Feb 2011 and I am waiting for shipment to arrive. Card was charged Nov 1 and tracking info from USPS was given by Troy but nothing arrived. As of today I have a new USPS tracking number and am waiting for my G26 holster. Don't know what happened to first try, Troy said he would get me one out right away so we will see what happens. I hate that USPS tracking never seems to update any tracking info. Troy has been very courteous on the phone and emails, just hoping for the best. I will update when (if) holster arrives, I am trying to be patient. I do see that some people have recieved their holster that ordered theirs after I ordered mine, not sure how that happened?
    Mark

Hi, Mark... it is on its way... Below is a photo of your gun holster and belt for your Glock 26 Please let me know when you recieve it. Thanks a lot for your patience.

Last edited by BrigadeGunLeather; December 17th, 2012 at 08:33 AM.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast