Brigade Gun Leather feedback...

This is a discussion on Brigade Gun Leather feedback... within the Brigade GunLeather forums, part of the Site Sponsors category; Just received my new pocket holster for my Bodyguard 380 from Troy. I have been around this stuff for a long time and I cannot ...

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Brigade Gun Leather feedback...

Just received my new pocket holster for my Bodyguard 380 from Troy. I have been around this stuff for a long time and I cannot believe the quality and workmanship coming from his shop. Had a tough time gettiging the holster because he was so backed up. Troy went way over the top in taking care of me a making up for the delay. Amazing attention to detail both with the product and customer service. Cannot say enough about Brigade.

2. Remove Ads

I just recieved my holster from Troy today. I hear what everyone is saying about wait times and all. I ordered mine last Oct. 2011. I knew it was going to be a wait going into it. Every time I spoke to Troy on the phone or in e-mails he was very friendly and up front that it was going to be awhile. Heck, right on his web site he tells you that straight up.
    He assured me that the fit would be unlike anything I've ever seen before. I have to admit that around April or so I was starting to wonder if I really cared how good this holster was. Well, now that it's here I have to say that it met and exceded all of my expectations and then same. I own a Mitch Rosen rig that I thought was the cats ass, but this holster from Troy is just wayyyyyyyy much better. When I have it on I can't even feel that it's there. It hugs my body in a way that makes me blush to explain it. LOL
    The fit of the holster to the gun is far superior to anything I have had in a holster before. The holster has a adjustment screw to tweak the tension on the gun, but I haven't even used it. It's suede lined and the draw is as smooth as , well heck, it's way smoother that anything I've ever had before. It's like it and my gun were separated at birth. I have to say, I will be purchasing another of his holsters soon. I know it's going to be awhile, but I honestly think it's worth it. Even my friends are lusting after this holster. I can't explain properly to someone why this holster is so awesome....it would be like trying to describe the color blue to a blind man.
    Well, that's about all I have to say. It's a fine fine product if your willing to do the wait.

Just wanted to add an additional thought.
    Above the afore mentioned quality, Troy went so far as to say that any body on this forum would recieve free shipping, true to his word I did recieve free shipping. I don't really feel that was required but hey, free shipping is free shipping. I don't really know how he can still make a buck but I did recieve free shipping.
    Last edited by 2_Rastas; June 9th, 2012 at 10:55 PM.

Awsome pics and thanks for sharing...great craftsmanship. :)

It's been a while since I've ordered one from Brigade. Top notch. Don't hesitate. +1

Administrator
    Troy. You are doing some very fine leather-work.

It is truly an art that requires a talented crafts-person. So many individual steps need to go absolutely right in order to put out a perfect and respectable beautifully finished leather product.

I would suggest that you go to the Milt Sparks website and copy their exact method of doing business and accepting orders.

That will go a long way toward saving you some heartache, public embarrassment, occasional derogatory comments and will insure/guarantee the maintenance of your personal integrity.

And perhaps you could hire a young student part time to update your website as to when you'll be accepting and not accepting orders.

Also you really need someone to handle your phone calls and e-mail because when you are on the phone and typing responses - you're not making holsters.

And try very hard not to charge any credit cards until you're actually ready to ship to a customer.

One sure-fire way to get negative feedback is to accept a payment or charge a credit card and then leave a customer hanging in mid air without an answer as to when they will be receiving their merchandise.

Possibly you could place a phone call to Tony K. at Milt Sparks and get a few insider tips on how they keep flawless track of their LONG waiting list of customer orders.

When Milt Sparks dings a credit card customers KNOW that there will BE a package arriving on their front porch without any doubt.

Also folks/customers do need to understand that working with a natural product like leather really does occasionally cause some unexpected problems to crop up that do not arise when working with synthetic materials like Kydex. So (in some respects) it is a two sided coin.

Also when you receive an order for a popular holster for a common firearm - Often you are better off making two rather than just that one. That covers you if you slip up on one and if BOTH go well then you have another ready and waiting for the next guy that wants the same rig for the same firearm.

Any time I make a custom knife sheath for a BUSSE Combat knife - I always make two and never have a problem unloading the second one.

I hope these suggestions help you out because you seem like a great incredibly talented guy with good intentions that just occasionally gets a bit overwhelmed and suffocated with a flood of too many orders.

And that is going to give you Holster Burn-out which is exactly what happened to two other makers that I know of personally that did fantastic leather work but the non-holster making portion of running their business really did them in.
    ScoutKansas likes this.

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Troy. You are doing some very fine leather-work.

It is truly an art that requires a talented crafts-person. So many individual steps need to go absolutely right in order to put out a perfect and respectable beautifully finished leather product.

Thanks, QKShooter. Lucky, for me, about a month ago I did hire someone. Actually after 17 years of building leather gun holsters... I have had a total of 7 folks working for me at various times during those 17 years. Believe me, it is hard finding someone good in a town of 4,000 out in the country where I live. Anyway, I appreciate at the advice, and you should know that after as much time as I have been doing this I have implemented just about everything. I needed to shut down taking order just a bit sooner, I have often done that over the last decade but missed doing it by some months this time..... However, I am working my tail off to get caught up, and it is helping that I have someone now working for me again. :-)

-Troy
    Brigade GunLeather maker of custom holsters
    www.brigadegunleather.com

Custom 1911 pistolsmith Custom 1911 Pistols
    www.harpcustom.com

troyharp@brigadegunleather.com

Please contact me via phone or email for any leather holsters status or questions, thanks. 1-888-600-2377

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by rj112275 View Post
    It's been a while since I've ordered one from Brigade. Top notch. Don't hesitate. +1
    Thanks, for you comments...

www.harpcustom.com

Please contact me via phone or email for any leather holsters status or questions, thanks. 1-888-600-2377

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by vincedac View Post
    Just received my new pocket holster for my Bodyguard 380 from Troy. I have been around this stuff for a long time and I cannot believe the quality and workmanship coming from his shop. Had a tough time gettiging the holster because he was so backed up. Troy went way over the top in taking care of me a making up for the delay. Amazing attention to detail both with the product and customer service. Cannot say enough about Brigade.
    Thanks, Vince I am glad you enjoy your pocket holster. I am working on getting that backlog down, now that I am not taking orders. Thanks again for your words.

www.harpcustom.com

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by 2_Rastas View Post
    I just recieved my holster from Troy today. I hear what everyone is saying about wait times and all. I ordered mine last Oct. 2011. I knew it was going to be a wait going into it. Every time I spoke to Troy on the phone or in e-mails he was very friendly and up front that it was going to be awhile. Heck, right on his web site he tells you that straight up.
    He assured me that the fit would be unlike anything I've ever seen before. I have to admit that around April or so I was starting to wonder if I really cared how good this holster was. Well, now that it's here I have to say that it met and exceded all of my expectations and then same. I own a Mitch Rosen rig that I thought was the cats ass, but this holster from Troy is just wayyyyyyyy much better. When I have it on I can't even feel that it's there. It hugs my body in a way that makes me blush to explain it. LOL
    The fit of the holster to the gun is far superior to anything I have had in a holster before. The holster has a adjustment screw to tweak the tension on the gun, but I haven't even used it. It's suede lined and the draw is as smooth as , well heck, it's way smoother that anything I've ever had before. It's like it and my gun were separated at birth. I have to say, I will be purchasing another of his holsters soon. I know it's going to be awhile, but I honestly think it's worth it. Even my friends are lusting after this holster. I can't explain properly to someone why this holster is so awesome....it would be like trying to describe the color blue to a blind man.
    Well, that's about all I have to say. It's a fine fine product if your willing to do the wait.

Just wanted to add an additional thought.
    Above the afore mentioned quality, Troy went so far as to say that any body on this forum would recieve free shipping, true to his word I did recieve free shipping. I don't really feel that was required but hey, free shipping is free shipping. I don't really know how he can still make a buck but I did recieve free shipping.

2_Rastas, Thank you very much for your feedback... I appreciate the in depth post you made. I actually get hundreds of emails every year from folks telling me similar comments. I need to post them on the forum sometime since it does me no good if know one can see them. I have probably 700 emails like yours from so many folks that just done make it on an forums.

Thanks again, I am really glad you enjoy it and shared your thoughts on the quality. Sorry my wait times are long. Gonna go make holsters now.... :-)

www.harpcustom.com

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by gadio4533 View Post
    I just received my Brigad gunleater Hardcore M-11. All I can say is it as an absoloute work of art. Craftsmanship is first rate, stitching is magnificant. My Sig-Sauer C-3 fits like a glove and doesn't budge ever. The real bonus is it is completely comfortable for all day carry.
    Yes, the wait times are pretty long but so well worth it. I will be ordering another for My Para 16 40 ( I didn't think I could ever carry it regularly until I received my M-11).
    Pictures will follow...
    Great work Troy, kudos!!!

Thanks, Gadio4533 for your post and comments. I appreciate hearing them.

www.harpcustom.com

Holster for Sig 226 MK25

Hi

Does Brigade make a holster for this pistol?

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glocke12 View Post
    Hi

Does Brigade make a holster for this pistol?
    Visiting their website might answer your question: Brigade Holsters | Leather Holsters; Custom Gun Holsters; Concealed Carry Holsters, Shoulder Holsters, Western Holsters, Concealment Holsters

Received Holster & Belt from Troy Harp at Brigade Gunleather

A few days ago I received the holster & belt that I ordered from Brigade Gun leather. This is a quality product. I appreciate the attention to detail.

The one I ordered was the M-11 Ultimate for the Springfield XD 45. It fits perfectly. I was concerned because I ordered the left handed version and wondered if it would be correct. I can not find a single flaw. The detailing is precise and together with the belt is very comfortable and very concealable to wear. I expect this to last longer than me. I have not seen any other holster hand made or otherwise that is as good.

Troy is a gentleman and easy to deal with. Thanks Troy, I appreciate you ethics and your craftsmanship.
    cef likes this.

you dont think i did that? its not listed, its a relatively new gun, and uses non std rails. they also have no email addy listed (i am unable to call during their normal
    busniess hours) so I have no way of contacting them directly.

Looking into ordering a good iwb holster for a Sig Pro 2340 that should arrive this week. Reading thru the posts and how this guy handles the issues I am impressed by his customer service. I see there were long delays for some but I understand how easy it is to get behind and how hard it is to catch up once that happens.
    For those of you who might have an iwb how do you like the comfort level? I am a big guy at 5'11" and pushing 300 pounds.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast