Brigade Gun Leather feedback...

This is a discussion on Brigade Gun Leather feedback... within the Brigade GunLeather forums, part of the Site Sponsors category; I have recently place an order with Brigade; Troy was very helpful during the order process and I am looking forward to receiving his product. ...

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Brigade Gun Leather feedback...

Cool Brigade Gun Leather feedback...

I have recently place an order with Brigade; Troy was very helpful during the order process and I am looking forward to receiving his product.

I was told long ago, by a great holster maker, that you can tell how well a holster is made by the craftsmanship and detail which is represented in the edge of the holster.The quality of the edge work is a direct reflection of the craftsmanship of the maker. If the edge work is crafted well and clean then this shows good attention to detail and represents a quality product.

Brigade Gun Leather has a great web site with some excellent photographs and this helped me make my decision on placing an order above other holster craftsman. The edges and overall quality of their holsters are what I expect and, therefore, I placed an order and I am happily waiting.

Thanks Troy...

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cef View Post
    I have recently place an order with Brigade; Troy was very helpful during the order process and I am looking forward to receiving his product.

I was told long ago, by a great holster maker, that you can tell how well a holster is made by the craftsmanship and detail which is represented in the edge of the holster.The quality of the edge work is a direct reflection of the craftsmanship of the maker. If the edge work is crafted well and clean then this shows good attention to detail and represents a quality product.

Brigade Gun Leather has a great web site with some excellent photographs and this helped me make my decision on placing an order above other holster craftsman. The edges and overall quality of their holsters are what I expect and, therefore, I placed an order and I am happily waiting.

Thanks Troy...
    Hopefully his supply line is catching up. His demand exceeded supply for a while and he was extremely backlogged. He turned off all orders for a while in order to catch up. I ordered mine in January 2009 and just received an email confirming shipment in a few weeks. Hope yours ships sooner.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    UPDATED
    Quote Originally Posted by highvoltage View Post
    Okay folks, the holster has arrived. Very nice looking, very good workmanship. I'll have to wait until I get home to put my pistol in to check for fit. Stand by for further reports.
    Last edited by BrigadeGunLeather; June 15th, 2012 at 03:33 PM. Reason: updated

Thumbs up

Hello highvoltage...thanks for the information; I am interested in hearing from past/present custom experiences.

That's great...you will get your holster soon. Please post pictures once you have receive it.

From what I can tell, Troy crafts a high quality holster with great attention to detail, using quality materials...I am sure you will be glade when it reaches you.

Hello highvoltage...thanks for the information; I am interested in hearing from past/present custom experiences.

That's great...you will get your holster soon. Please post pictures once you have receive it.

From what I can tell, Troy crafts a high quality holster with great attention to detail, using quality materials...I am sure you will be glade when it reaches you.
    I'll certainly do that. I'm looking forward to seeing it.
    cef likes this.

...just received an email confirming shipment in a few weeks.

I must admit I am somewhat envious of the fact that you will receive your holster soon. You, however, have put in the time and waited. I am now in the process of waiting and anticipating the arrival of my holster.

This will be my first true custom holster.

In the past, I have attempted to purchase a custom holster (from a different maker) with negative results. So, I am still carrying a holster that is not suitable for my needs. Until I can purchase something new a nice...I will wait.

Looking forward to some pictures...

Good luck to you All I ever got was promises, promises. Ordered over 2 years ago. Finally called and talked to Troy. He said there was a problem with credit card and that he would work that weekend and get it out to me in a couple of days. Three weeks later I called, he said the holster was made and he only had to make the mag holder and I should have it in a few days. That was a month ago. Now he won't even return my calls. As you can see I'm not very impressed. He might make a great holster, but he can't run a business.Ry

Quote Originally Posted by ry5up View Post
    Good luck to you All I ever got was promises, promises. Ordered over 2 years ago. Finally called and talked to Troy. He said there was a problem with credit card and that he would work that weekend and get it out to me in a couple of days. Three weeks later I called, he said the holster was made and he only had to make the mag holder and I should have it in a few days. That was a month ago. Now he won't even return my calls. As you can see I'm not very impressed. He might make a great holster, but he can't run a business.Ry

Thanks for your thoughts ry5up...I hope you have located a good holster for you carry needs.

I am curious are you out of pocket any money? Did you pay in full for the holster and have not yet received it?

Not out any money. Never received anything. Not even a phone call.

Quote Originally Posted by ry5up View Post
    Not out any money...
    Well that's great news...glade to hear your not out any funds.

Thanks for your post...

Well that's great news...glade to hear your not out any funds.

Thanks for your post...
    Same here, not out any funds, but still no holster.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    UPDATED
    Okay folks, the holster has arrived. Very nice looking, very good workmanship. I'll have to wait until I get home to put my pistol in to check for fit. Stand by for further reports.
    Last edited by BrigadeGunLeather; June 15th, 2012 at 03:34 PM. Reason: updated

JD
    Administrator
    Same here, not out any funds, but still no holster.
    This is totally unsat.

I just wanted to chime in about Brigade Gun Leather. I own an M111-Ultimate. My experience with them has been positive. Wait times are long (mine took about 18 weeks) but it was worth it. I have owned two other holsters for my SA XD and I have since sold those on EBay. The holster is absolutely the most comfortable I have ever worn. Not to mention it is very good looking. Most of these hybrid holsters that guys rant and rave about are very ugly.

As a matter of fact, I just ordered another today for a 1911. I just spoke with Troy on the phone today (very nice guy btw) and he said he has been very busy. I wanted to be sure about some things before ordering the holster. I called and emailed him last week and he had not gotten around to returning my call or email. I know being busy isn't a great excuse for not returning emails or calls, but I don't think that he is intentionally trying to alienate anyone. He's a good guy. Give him a chance. You will be very pleased with this holster. It's extremely comfortable, has excellent retention and is very good looking. The quality, fit and finish is excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by rockymax View Post
    ......Wait times are long (mine took about 18 weeks) ......
    18 weeks? Wow, I'm going on three years. Yes, you heard me right, placed the order in Jan. of 2009.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    UPDATED
    Last edited by BrigadeGunLeather; June 15th, 2012 at 03:34 PM. Reason: updated

highvoltage....Man I'm sorry to hear that. Have you gotten any kind of explanation? I'm assuming you have called and emailed a bunch of times. I'm shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by rockymax View Post
    highvoltage....man i'm sorry to hear that. Have you gotten any kind of explanation? I'm assuming you have called and emailed a bunch of times. I'm shocked.
    ----------------------------------------------
    updated
    okay folks, the holster has arrived. Very nice looking, very good workmanship. I'll have to wait until i get home to put my pistol in to check for fit. Stand by for further reports.
    Last edited by BrigadeGunLeather; June 15th, 2012 at 03:36 PM. Reason: updated

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast