Make A Campfire Last All Night

This is a discussion on Make A Campfire Last All Night within the Bushcraft - Primitive Skills - Survival Skills - Camping forums, part of the Related Topics category; https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=U...&v=eQueDcdjoHQ Hope some folks enjoy this...

Like Tree18Likes
  • 6 Post By Aceoky
  • 1 Post By Str8upguy
  • 2 Post By Aceoky
  • 1 Post By pgrass101
  • 3 Post By NightOwl76
  • 1 Post By Badey
  • 1 Post By Hodad
  • 1 Post By 4Nines
  • 1 Post By Stoveman
  • 1 Post By nedrgr21

Thread: Make A Campfire Last All Night

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  [I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.

Distinguished Member
    thanks for posting. I get a real kick out of doing this kind of stuff.
    Aceoky likes this.
    Don't let the facts cloud your judgement
    NRA Member

Another one worth knowing IMO

640girl and StormRhydr like this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  [I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.

Senior Moderator
    I build most of my fires as a top down fire (unless there is a lot of wind).

I also build the fire between layers, so it is a combo of these two methods.
    Aceoky likes this.
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Back in the Boy Scouts I was the resident champ at keeping a fire going overnight and/or between meals. We used to get three matches per meal, if you ran out you ate your stuff cold. You'd be amazed at what people are willing to trade for your spare matches when they're hungry.

Thanks for sharing. I think making a controlled fire that can last all night is a very underrated skill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aceoky likes this.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    Thanks for sharing. I think making a controlled fire that can last all night is a very underrated skill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed, Fire, water shelter , in the "EOTWAWKI" , "WROL" ,or even SHTF having some knowledge might save your life , maybe we need a "What If" thread , if you can't "bug in" (Post Katrina comes to mind) etc. some of us could likely survive "in the wild" how many would be willing to do so IF able might be interesting?

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    Very cool, er, hot.

I'll show this to my grandkids and then we'll try it.
    Aceoky likes this.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

Administrator
    Both of techniques are good to know! Thanks for sharing.
    Aceoky likes this.

Happy to do so- thanks again for this awesome forum happening!

I love reading and learning about all this stuff- and trying to share a little along the way!

VIP Member
    Thanks for posting. Always good to learn something new.
    Aceoky likes this.

How about combining this with a welding blanket to encourage LNT and guard against underground fires. May have to put a bit of dirt on top of blanket.

I've seen this before but the hole dug was a bit deeper and rocks were put in the fire - probably help with time and intensity of warmth.

Here's where I got the idea of the welding blanket:
    Aceoky likes this.

Great idea and cool video as well!

Sponsored Links