Yo Yo Traps?

Yo Yo Traps?

This is a discussion on Yo Yo Traps? within the Bushcraft - Primitive Skills - Survival Skills - Camping forums, part of the Related Topics category; I watched a video from Sigma 3 Survival School in which one of their instructors did a 1 week "bug out" experiment. He lived off ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By Badey
  • 1 Post By Brad426
  • 2 Post By Hoganbeg
  • 1 Post By ppkheat
  • 1 Post By packinnova

Thread: Yo Yo Traps?

Yo Yo Traps?

I watched a video from Sigma 3 Survival School in which one of their instructors did a 1 week "bug out" experiment. He lived off the land for one week with only items in his pack, a knife, and his gun.

He used yo yo traps for fishing, which allowed him to catch fish while he was doing other things. Seemed like a win-win to me.

Anyone have any experience with yo yo traps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Could you possibly post the link to that video? Sounds interesting.

I've thought about using those (can be for fishing/snares etc. ) seems price not much and they would add another set of choices - win-win IMO
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  [I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.

Here is the link to the channel.

https://m.youtube.com/user/sigma3sur...survivalschool

It is under the playlist "Diary of a Survivalist."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aceoky and Caertaker like this.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Thank you!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  [I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.

I have used them, but once I hooked a fish that broke the line, had to take the thing apart. I guess that's the risk you take, but for smaller fish (8 to 10 in) they work wonderfully.
    weekend pre-apocolypse nomadic warrior, leather duster and all.

I have never felt the need to trap a yo-yo. I did once attempt to catch cellist Yo Yo Ma, but he is Roadrunner kinda clever and way faster than you would think.
    Badey likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Conservation of energy is vital in a survival situation so trapping is the way to go for small game, birds, and fish. For fish you can add a trot-line or yo-yo arrangement.
    Aceoky and NONAME762 like this.

VIP Member
    Long years ago we used to set out yo-yos, great fun, bait them at dusk, then we'd run them about 10 pm, then again early morning. Always fun to see what was there.
    Aceoky likes this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Interesting. I don't think I've ever seen a wild yo yo before. I suppose if you "walk the dog" and the line breaks it might get away from you and revert back to a wild state.
    NONAME762 likes this.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    I have never felt the need to trap a yo-yo. I did once attempt to catch cellist Yo Yo Ma, but he is Roadrunner kinda clever and way faster than you would think.
    Now that's funny!!!!
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

Sponsored Links