Shotgun Snowshoe Squirrel Trap courtesy of Ultimate Survival Alaska competition

Shotgun Snowshoe Squirrel Trap courtesy of Ultimate Survival Alaska competition

This is a discussion on Shotgun Snowshoe Squirrel Trap courtesy of Ultimate Survival Alaska competition within the Bushcraft - Primitive Skills - Survival Skills - Camping forums, part of the Related Topics category; I learned a new one just watching the idiot tube the other day. I've been watching the Ultimate Survival Alaska series. Kinda interesting. Anyway, the ...

Thread: Shotgun Snowshoe Squirrel Trap courtesy of Ultimate Survival Alaska competition

Cool Shotgun Snowshoe Squirrel Trap courtesy of Ultimate Survival Alaska competition

I learned a new one just watching the idiot tube the other day. I've been watching the Ultimate Survival Alaska series. Kinda interesting. Anyway, the team of former military guys were struggling for food. One of the guys rigged up a shotgun shell to his snowshoe with some cordage and a bungee cord and set it near a squirrel entrance. I was quite surprised to see it actually worked. Took the squirrels head clean off. I don't think they showed the snowshoe after that so I don't know if the shoe survived or not. I think it was episode 2.

If anything else it's just another idea to have in the noggin to help spur on other ideas.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    squirrel entrance.
    What is a "squirrel entrance"? Not trying to be a jerk, just trying to learn. Squirrels seem pretty random to me except for the one in my backyard that lives in a cedar squirrel box I made.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Sponsored Links