Graves' Bushcraft Books

This is a discussion on Graves' Bushcraft Books within the Bushcraft - Primitive Skills - Survival Skills - Camping forums, part of the Related Topics category; "The section is home to an on-line edition of a classic text that is sadly now out of print, 'The 10 Bushcraft Books' by Richard ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By Caertaker
  • 1 Post By QKShooter

Thread: Graves' Bushcraft Books

Graves' Bushcraft Books

"The section is home to an on-line edition of a classic text that is sadly now out of print, 'The 10 Bushcraft Books' by Richard Graves. Richard Harry Graves was born 17th July, 1898 (some sources list year of birth as 1897 or 1899) in Co. Waterford, Ireland. He died on 3rd February, 1971 in Sydney, Australia. He is credited with the authorship of several books and is formerly a Commanding Officer of the Australian Jungle Survival & Rescue Detachment on active service with the U.S.A.A.F.

'The 10 Bushcraft Books' are the seminal texts on bushcraft and this on-line edition (based on the first edition of the book set) has been released to share this unique source of knowledge. Originally written as wartime information for conducting rescue missions, the notes were later revised and prepared for a School of Bushcraft which was conducted for nearly 20 years. Almost all the quirks of the original text have been retained (illustrations by the author, inconsistent word usage, strange punctuation, etc.) although I have removed 50% of the commas (believe it or not). I have also converted all imperial measurements into metric."

Graves' Bushcraft Books: 00. Introduction

Downloadable pdf: https://app.box.com/shared/bpnhvpgsrb
    Last edited by Caertaker; January 1st, 2014 at 06:39 AM. Reason: link to pdf
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

2. Remove Ads

Awesome , thanks for sharing this valuable resource!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  “[I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.”

Administrator

Thumbs up Very Valuable Addition To This Area Of The forum.

I am familiar with R. H. Graves - Awesome thread Caertaker.
    Aceoky likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    Very interesting! I'm not familiar with Richard Graves but I'm looking forward to reading through his book (s).

He sounds like he was a pretty amazing and accomplished man.

Thanks for posting this!
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Links