Camp Dry?

Camp Dry?

This is a discussion on Camp Dry? within the Bushcraft - Primitive Skills - Survival Skills - Camping forums, part of the Related Topics category; So when my 3 day bag gets here, I would like to try to make it water resistant. I am leaning toward using Kiwi Camp ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By ctr
  • 1 Post By svgheartland

Thread: Camp Dry?

Camp Dry?

So when my 3 day bag gets here, I would like to try to make it water resistant. I am leaning toward using Kiwi Camp Dry Performance Fabric Protector, which is supposed to work on nylon (which is what my bag is made of). Anyone have any experience with this or any other product on their bags?
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Don't recall using it on any bags but I use it to spray all the seams on nylon tents. Even use it on suede/leather boots. Good stuff.

VIP Member
    I usually just use a trash bag as a liner inside. Done this for decades. Cheap and effective.
    welder516 and 1MoreGoodGuy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jjxj View Post
    Don't recall using it on any bags but I use it to spray all the seams on nylon tents. Even use it on suede/leather boots. Good stuff.
    What he said. If the fabric itself is water repellent, any good seam sealer will make your pack stay dry. Unless you dunk it in water, in which case good luck as it's very hard to make a pack truly watertight. Stay dry in a downpour, sure. You can test it in the shower.

You can also use a lightweight waterproof pack cover to add some extra waterproofing. And storing the contents in airtight plastic bags doesn't hurt either (but don't do that for long term storage unless you have something in the bags to absorb moisture or are vacuum sealing them, because mold)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like it, I've used it on coats and shoes and had real good luck with it. I think it last longer than Scotch Guard and if I remember right it's cheaper also.

Distinguished Member Array 5lima30ret's Avatar
    It also works great on ballcaps! I use it on mine so they will keep my head dry.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, NC CWP, HR-218 Qualified
    Second generation American, Third generation Legionnaire
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Distinguished Member
    I focus on the highest silicone content. I've had Camp Dry fail me when discount stuff has worked. My 2 cents.
    Badey likes this.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

VIP Member
    I carry trash bags to put luggage in while on the motorcycle good way to keep things dry . I don't think sprays work that well IMO
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Sponsored Links