Esee knife

Esee knife

This is a discussion on Esee knife within the Bushcraft - Primitive Skills - Survival Skills - Camping forums, part of the Related Topics category; Looking forward to trying out this little guy on the next camp trip . I added the para cord wrap, no need to sharpen. Between ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Esee knife

Lead Moderator

Esee knife

Looking forward to trying out this little guy on the next camp trip . I added the para cord wrap, no need to sharpen. Between this and a hatchet I should have my cutting tools pretty well set for hiking/camping.
    squid86, Aceoky and StormRhydr like this.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I have enough trouble keeping up with the number of gun manufacturers. With hundreds & hundreds of knife makers, forget about it. I love knives too. Fill me in, please.
    Last edited by Pete63; January 6th, 2014 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Spelling

Distinguished Member Array squid86's Avatar
    these are some awesome knives. let us know how you like it.
    USN Veteran
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Nice wrap job too. Very uniform.
    rocky likes this.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

I have an Izula II that is my normal backpacking knife. Between that and my tomahawk, I can complete any task I have come across thus far in my adventures. Really great little knife, it should be up to the task.
    rocky likes this.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Administrator
    Nice cord wrap Rock.
    A great classic little ESEE Knife.
    rocky likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Lead Moderator
    After using a huge Cold Steel Bushman knife , this is about the extreme opposite I figure. Having added a tomahawk to the pack, I figure a small blade chore knife makes more sense. I understand the esse doesn't work well as striker , but have one attached to the magnesium stick.
    I decided on the para after handling the same model with the scale grips installed. It just felt too bulky , will see how the para wrap works out.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    After using a huge Cold Steel Bushman knife , this is about the extreme opposite I figure. Having added a tomahawk to the pack, I figure a small blade chore knife makes more sense. I understand the esse doesn't work well as striker , but have one attached to the magnesium stick.
    I decided on the para after handling the same model with the scale grips installed. It just felt too bulky , will see how the para wrap works out.
    Interested to hear your report, mine has the scale grips on it. They are a bit bulky, but I find they fit my hand well.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Nice knife...congrats on the cord wrap. Do you make other items with the paracord?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Hard to beat an izula for the bush.

You can take seat belt strap (anything similar) and make a loop threw the top slot and then sew the ends together to make a nice little belt sheath if you don't like carrying it around your neck, etc.

It's a very versatile tool.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    Interested to hear your report, mine has the scale grips on it. They are a bit bulky, but I find they fit my hand well.
    Not saying they were huge or over sized, I just like a smaller handle when doing small chores with a knife.

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Administrator
    I just saw that Scrap Yard Knives is no longer listing the SCRAPIVORE which was also an excellent little knife that is very similar to your ESEE.
    The BUTT of the Scrapivore is a Pry Bar but, I can honestly say that in all my years...I have never needed a Pry Bar on a camping trip.

Aceoky and Caertaker like this.

Lead Moderator
    I was looking at the scapivore and didn't realize they were no longer made. I got a deal on the esse so it's all good
    Aceoky likes this.

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Administrator
    Whoops! I screwed up. QKShooter INFRACTION - giving out false information. 25 Points.

I just checked and it is still listed $59 and some change - No Sheath. and I guess Shipping Costs also.

Sorry about that folks.

Lead Moderator
    Pretty OSS to what I paid for mine. You get only a warning this time as it is your first offense

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links