Animated Knot Tying Site: Grog

This is a discussion on Animated Knot Tying Site: Grog within the Bushcraft - Primitive Skills - Survival Skills - Camping forums, part of the Related Topics category; Pgrass101's paracord thread (Here: http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...ylon-cord.html ) reminded me of one of my all time favorite knot-tying guides. Animated, it provides step-by-step instructions, from simple knots ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By Rock and Glock
  • 2 Post By glockman10mm

Thread: Animated Knot Tying Site: Grog

Exclamation Animated Knot Tying Site: Grog

Pgrass101's paracord thread (Here: Paracord vs Nylon Cord) reminded me of one of my all time favorite knot-tying guides. Animated, it provides step-by-step instructions, from simple knots to highly complex decorative knots. A few simple knots can be life-saving, a few can be time and trouble saving.........

One of my favorites (from Boy Scouts) is the Taut-Line Hitch, which is improved by the Midshipman's hitch. Another is the simple Overhand (for horses shanks and such), while the basic Bowlines and squares work into everyday tasks as well as others. I probably remember the Boy Scout basics the best, and never sailed or served, so that's my knot experience.

Poke around here, and have some memories refreshed. Click on the different categories, and have some fun! The site is full of information and history, and invaluable for teaching and learning:

Animated Knots by Grog

Animated Knots by Grog | How to Tie Knots | Fishing, Boating, Climbing, Scouting, Search and Rescue, Household, Decorative, Rope Care,

What are your "favorite" knots for Bushcraft? Favorite ropes and cords? Why?

2. Remove Ads

Thanks for posting that. I have wanted to re learn all the knots I use to know, and here it is!
    tcox4freedom and Aceoky like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Links