Tom Brown Tracker Knife

This is a discussion on Tom Brown Tracker Knife within the Bushcraft - Primitive Skills - Survival Skills - Camping forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm looking for a full sized tracker Knife. Anyone have this? Know the best place to buy one? I;ve seen them on Ebay for around ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Tom Brown Tracker Knife

Tom Brown Tracker Knife

I'm looking for a full sized tracker Knife. Anyone have this? Know the best place to buy one?
    I;ve seen them on Ebay for around $200.00

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Jaeger's Avatar
    St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    Oh boy. Don't talk about it in the Internet. It's the knife knife people love to hate, and bash, and hate some more. If you can find one for $200 pull the trigger.

I like mine a lot, but it takes getting used to it and learning how to use it. The one valid complaint is that the notching spine (it isn't a saw, but for making perfectly square notches for bushcraft traps) makes it a poor choice for battoning. It chews up the batton, and wood gets stuck in its teeth. The other valid complaint is the coating, which makes it batton even worse. I ended up sanding it all off, problem solved.

This is simply true. The rest is ignorant people hating on it because it isn't a simple machete that's self explanatory out of the box. I think it's great for just about everything else, and it's a timesaver making shafts, wiers, and traps.

Get one, and if you end up loving it like I do you're going to want a real sheath for it. The kadex one that comes with it leaves a great deal to be desired. I have this one and it rocks:Hedgehog Leatherworks - High Performance Knife Sheaths - 100% USA Handmade
    trob09 likes this.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Distinguished Member
    Never liked them...
    Czombie likes this.
    "Don't shout for help at night, you may wake your neighbors"

That's the baby one. He wants the full sized one (much better IMO).
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    Crap... thought I found him a deal!

The big one is about $200.00.
    Amazon.com: Tom Brown Tracker, Gray Micarta Handle, Black Blade, Kydex Model TBT-010: Sports & Outdoors

Over at Bushcraft USA there's occasionally one for sale by people who have tried them and want something else.

superior skills."

Administrator
    The T.B.T. does not float my personal boat but, if you want one then spend the $$$ and buy it and don't look back.

Two hundred beaners is right about what you are going to end up forking over for one and that is not an unreasonable price for a survival quality knife.

I am always looking at and pricing out various knives and I have seen that particular knife for maybe $190.00 at its lowest so daheck with the $10.00 and buy it.

Made my own. Sold it to someone that wanted it more than I did.

http://rs102.pbsrc.com/albums/m117/h...55.jpg~320x480

Bought it $199.00 shipped, no tax or freight.

Like the look. hopefully the quality is there
    QKShooter likes this.

The whole, "If you could only have one knife", I wouldn't choose the T1. If I was specifically building shelters, improvised traps or weapons only, then it's a great choice IF you learn how to properly use it, which isn't rocket science, but also is not terribly intuitive.

It would be way down on the list for dressing game (small or large), and even further down as a defensive weapon. You're much better off carving a club with it.

I usually have a bag of knives with me. I wouldn't cut an apple with a 14" chef's knife, or cape a deer with a T1, and I use an axe or a hatchet to chop wood (I don't baton except in a pinch). The right tool for the right job and all that.

The quality is. Tops makes nice blades, and the T1 is a hunk of steel. It will take an enormous amount of abuse. It's made to take it.

VIP Member
    I'm kind of partial to ESEE's.

QKShooter likes this.

superior skills."

Administrator
    When you have the knife that you want and the knife that you really trust it's always a confidence booster in such times as when some added confidence could be a real plus.

Free Shipping always makes you feel better about any purchase.

You need to look at it this way ~ you just traded Fed Reserve Debt Paper for a hardened Steel tangible asset. Paper for hardened tempered life saving Survival Steel.

How can that be a bad thing?

Congrats! Enjoy it. You paid for a hard use knife that you do not need to "baby" so go give it a good workout & then you'll know that you can always rely on it.
    Thumper, CIBMike, Jaeger and 2 others like this.

Administrator
    The "build quality" is there so you can put that out of your head now and before it even arrives.

They are/have been making other knives in the same 1095 High Carbon hardened/tempered to 58 and historically they have been pretty doggone indestructible.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Bought a leather holster for TB Tracker Knife. Only $65.00
    I think it was a deal
    Attached Images
    Thumper likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links