Good Resources - Print/Online/other

This is a discussion on Good Resources - Print/Online/other within the Bushcraft - Primitive Skills - Survival Skills - Camping forums, part of the Related Topics category; Quick question - just wondering if any of you know of any good reading resources (online/print/other) for camping, equipment, survival, etc. - other than the ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By chiefjason

Thread: Good Resources - Print/Online/other

Good Resources - Print/Online/other

Quick question - just wondering if any of you know of any good reading resources (online/print/other) for camping, equipment, survival, etc. - other than the stickies above? I figured there are some forums and some good reading and I would you pick your brain to find the good rather than do my own sorting. Thanks.

2. Remove Ads

If you are looking for the old ways of doing things look into the Foxfire series. Boy scout manual is a good one. The New Wilderness Handbook by Paul Petzoldt. (One of my college professors is in the group on the cover.) NOLS Cookery. Both of those books are used for the Wilderness Education Assoc Certified Outdoor Leader courses. Which is a fantastic course if you have 30 days, or the mini course is 14. Most anything put out by the WEA or NOLS will be solid.
    rwhite1 likes this.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Once upon a time in the 70's there was the "WHOLE EARTH CATALOG"
    If you can, always carry, you can't choose the moments, they choose you. - Colion Noir (2013)

Links